National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER), Kolkata is an Institute of National Importance established by an Act of Parliament 2007 under the aegis of Department of Pharmaceuticals, Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers, Government of India.
Post : Scientist / Technical Supervisor Grade II
Online Applications are invited from the eligible and suitable Indian Nationals for the Teaching and Non-Teaching posts on direct recruitment/deputation basis through open competition on all India basis.
No of post : 01 UR
Post Code : NT-05
Pay Level : Level-8/7th CPC
Method of Recruitment : Direct Recruitment
Essential and Desirable Qualifications and Experience : A. Essential: i) Qualification: M.Sc/ M. Pharma/ M.V.Sc. from recognized University / Institute. ii) Experience: 2 (Two) years of experience of research / teaching in Central State Govt. Organizations / University or Research Institution or Central / State autonomous or other recognized Institute of repute.
B. Desirable: Experience in handling high-end research equipment such as HPLC, LC-MS-MS, Confocal Microscope, etc.
Max.Age limit : Not exceeding 35 years
1. Candidates of only Indian Nationality can apply for these posts.
2. Candidates should read carefully the requisite essential qualifications, age, experience criteria, etc., laid down in the advertisement before applying for the relevant post. Since all the applications will be screened on the basis of data submitted by the candidate in the “Application Form (Hard Copy only)”, the candidates must satisfy themselves of the suitability for the position to which they are applying. If at any stage during the recruitment and selection process, it is found that candidates have furnished false or wrong information, their candidature will be rejected.
3. Application once submitted cannot be altered/ resubmitted, under any circumstances. Further, request with respect to making changes in any data/particulars entered by the candidate in the Online Application will not be entertained, once the application is submitted successfully. Therefore, please keep all data/details ready before you start filling up the Application Online.
4. Candidates may apply on prescribed application form online from the NIPER-Kolkata Website.They can apply for more than one post and more than one category provided; they fulfill the eligibility criteria. In such a case, the candidate has to apply for each post and category and Pay Application Fee separately. However, based on the number of candidates applying for different posts, the institute reserves the right to hold a written test and /or Interview for the various posts together or separately on a single or multiple days across various sessions as per suitability of the institute/norms in force.
5. Incomplete online application or Hard copy of application or those without relevant supporting documents (self-attested copies of Date of birth / Degrees / Certificates / Marksheets / Experience Certificates / documents, etc.) will be rejected.
6. Mere fulfillment of minimum qualifications and experience does not entitle any candidate to receive call letter.
7. The applicants serving in Govt./Semi-Govt./PSUs/Autonomous organization must send their hard copy of Application Form (in the prescribed format) along with the relevant documents “Through Proper Channel”. Such candidates are required to send advance copies of their applications before the due date but their candidature shall only be considered if their applications are received through proper channel within 15 days of closing date of receipt of hard copy of applications.
8. Selection Committee reserves the rights to recommend higher initial pay and position to exceptionally qualified, experienced and deserving selected candidates as per Govt. of India rules. 9. Protection of pay will be given as per Govt. rules.
10. Online interviews can be arranged for overseas candidates only.
11. No TA/DA and accommodation shall be provided for attending the written test / skill test / interview.
12. The maximum age limit and eligibility conditions shall be reckoned for all the posts (Teaching and Non-Teaching) as on the last date for submission of online applications i.e., on _________ and the experience for Teaching post will be considered from the date of completion of Masters Degree to the last date of online application i.e., on __________by excluding the experience gained while pursuing Ph.D. (copies of documents for date of registration i.e. and date of completion of Ph.D. must be enclosed, In case if the candidate is unable to submit the proof for date of registration, post Ph.D experience will only be considered).
13. Appointments under Direct Recruitment are regular in nature with a probation period of 1(One) year for the posts T-01 to T-05 & 2 (Two) years for the posts NT-01 to NT-09 and the same shall be confirmed depending upon satisfactory performance of the incumbent. 13a.Applicants under deputation will be considered for permanent absorption on completion of deputation period as per rules subject to satisfactory service.
14. An Application Fee of Rs.1000/- (Rupees one thousand only) for both Teaching and Non-Teaching (from Pay level 10 and above), Rs. 500/- (Five Hundred only) for other non-Teaching posts has to be paid through NEFT / IMPS / bank transfer to the following accounts.
Name of the Bank – Canara Bank
Branch – Salt Lake City
Account Number – 0980101024740
IFSC – CNRB0002549
Note : The Fee payment details must be entered in the stipulated place of online application. The fee once paid will not be refunded or re-adjusted under any circumstances. No fee is required for applicants belonging to SC / ST, Persons with Disability and Women. During submission of online Application, a PDF will be generated with the completed form. Application fees not necessary for applying on deputation. Note: Those who have applied for the post of Secretary to Registrar with respect to our earlier Employment Notification No : NIPERK/ 06/2021
Date : 12/05/2021 are informed to apply again without payment of any fee.
15. For the posts of T-01 to T-03, the mode of recruitment is by either Direct Recruitment or on Deputation basis and for the posts T-04 & T-05 and NT-01 to NT-09 the mode of recruitment is only on Direct Recruitment.
16. Mode of Selection: The selection process for Teaching posts consists of two phases (a) Seminar Presentation (b) Interview. The shortlisted candidates will be invited to give seminar presentation before a duly constituted Committee. Only the candidates recommended by the Committee based on their performance in the seminar presentation shall attend the Interview before the Selection Panel. Candidates are advised to visit the Website https://niperkolkata.edu.in regularly. No separate call letter will be sent by post. Email communication will only be sent. For Non-Teaching posts, selection process is based on the performance in the Interview before the duly constituted committee for the posts NT-01 to NT-05 and for the post NT-06 is based on skill test (Skill test will be conducted for proficiency in Type writing in English, 40 w.p.m). Candidates selected in skill test will be called for personal interview. For NT-07 to NT-09 will be based on Written Test.
17. A Candidate’s admission to the Written Test/Interview and subsequent process is strictly provisional. The mere fact that the call letter(s)/has been issued to the candidate does not imply that his/her candidature has been finally declared by the NIPER-Kolkata. The NIPER- Kolkata would be free to reject any application, at any stage of the process, cancel the candidature of the candidate in case it is detected at any stage that a candidate does not fulfill the eligibility norms and/or that he/she has furnished any incorrect/false information/Certificate/documents or has suppressed any material fact(s). If any of these short comings is/are detected after appointment in the NIPER-Kolkata, their services are liable to be summarily terminated.
18. The Institute reserves the right to: (a) Withdraw the advertisement either partly or wholly at any time without assigning any reason to this effect.
(b) Fill or not to fill up some or all the posts advertised for any reasons whatsoever. (c) Increase/Decrease the number of posts without giving any reason.
(d) Any addition/deletion and changes in matter of terms and conditions given in this notification of recruitment.
(e) Hold Written Test, Skill/Trade Test, Presentation and /or Interview for selection, whenever circumstances so warrant.
19. Applicants are advised to mention their correct and active email id in the application, as all the correspondence like issuance of call letter or any other information will be communicated through email only.
20. Intimations will be sent only by E-mail as per the details mentioned in the Application form.
21. In case of any corrigendum/addendum pertaining to this advertisement, the same shall be published in the Institute’s website only. Accordingly, all applicants in their own interests are advised to regularly visit the Institute’s Website.
22. Guidelines relating to recruitment rules shall be followed as per NIPER Act, 1998 as amended from time to time.
23. Certificate in support of Experience should be in proper format i.e, it should be on the organization letter head bearing the date of issue, specific period of work (in DD/MM/YY/) including nature of duties, Name, Designation and Signature of the Administration Authorities along with.
24. No person shall be recruited unless he/she in good mental and bodily health and free from any physical defect that is likely to interfere with the efficient performance of his/her official duties. Before candidates recruited directly are finally approved for appointment to the institute, he/she shall be required to produce a medical certificate of physical fitness from whom the appointing authority specifies. 25. After joining the service of the Institute, the persons will have to abide by the Rules, Regulations, Ordinances, Statutes and Act of the Institute applicable from time to time. He/ She may be assigned any duty within or outside the Institute depending upon the exigency of the work.
26. Candidates who have obtained degrees/diplomas/certificates for various courses from any Institution declared fake/ derecognized by the UGC/AICTE/PCI shall not be eligible for being considered for recruitment to the post advertised.
27. In case any dispute arises on account of interpretation of clauses in any version of this Advertisement other than English, the English version available on the NIPER-Kolkata Website shall prevail.
28. Any dispute arising out of this Advertisement including the recruitment process shall be subject to the sole jurisdiction of the Hon’ble Courts situated at Kolkata only.
29. The following subjects are considered under Pharmaceutical Sciences Category: Medicinal Chemistry; Pharmaceutical Analysis; Pharmacology & Toxicology; Pharmaceutics; Regulatory Toxicology; Pharmacy Practice; Clinical Pharmacy; Hospital Pharmacy; Industrial Pharmacy; Pharmaceutical Technology (Formulation); Pharmaceutical Technology (Process Chemistry); Pharmacoinformatics; Pharmacognosy; Pharmaceutical Chemistry; Community Pharmacy; Pharmaceutical Biotechnology.
30. CANVASSING IN ANY FORM MAY LED TO DISQUALIFICATION OF THE CANDIDATURE.
31. Relaxation in Age Limit shall be as per the Govt. of India rules only
OBC(NCL) : 3 Years against reserved posts for OBC (NCL) only.
SC : 5 Years against reserved posts for SC only.
Departmental Candidates : Relaxable up to 5 years as per the norms for the appointments by Direct Recruitment (For NIPER candidates only).
Where there are no posts under reserved categories, such candidates can apply against unreserved posts; provided they meet all the norms prescribed for unreserved category. No age relaxation against the unreserved vacancies as per Govt. of India order No.36011/1/98/Estt (Res) dated 1/7/1998.
a) Applicants applying for the posts reserved for OBC(NCL) should submit a self-attested copy of valid caste certificate specifically mentioning Non-Creamy Layer / not belong to Creamy Layer exclusively in the format prescribed by the Govt. of India, vide column 3 of GoI, Dept. of Personnel & Training (DoPT): O.M No:36012/22/93-Estt. (SCT), dated 8.9.1993 and modified O.M.No.36033/3/2004-Estt. (Res), dated 14.10.2008. The Caste Certificate must be in the format as prescribed by the Govt. of India vide OM No. 36036/2/2013-Estt. (Res.), dated 30.05.2014 (as enclosed in Annexure-1), without which the application will be treated as general (unreserved).
b) Reservations for SC, ST, OBC(NCL) and Persons with Benchmark Disabilities will be as per existing Government of India norms as amended from time to time. Applicants applying for the reserved posts should clearly state to which category they belong.
c) Applicants seeking fee exemption under SC/ST category are required to submit certificate on the format prescribed by the Government of India, Department of Personnel & Training (Annexure-II).
d) PwD candidates are required to submit a medical certificate for disability of 40% or more on the format prescribed by the Government of India
32. As per DoPT order age relaxation is not admissible for SC/ST/OBC(NCL) candidates for UR category vacancies.
33. As per DoPT order age relaxation is not permissible for other departmental candidates but only applicable to NIPER candidates.
34. Candidates shall have to produce original testimonials at the time of interview, failing which the interview will not be allowed. The original Certificates/Degrees/Certificate (wherever applicable), etc., of the candidate(s) are subject to verification before joining, in case of selection. 35. The institute will NOT be responsible for non-receipt of application (s) within stipulated period due to any postal delay/loss of application/document sent in transit. Late receipt of applications may not be considered. However competent authority reserves the right to condone the delay due to unforeseen circumstances.
36. Only shortlisted candidates called for Interview / Written Test / Skill Test. The Director / Screening Committee reserves the right to shortlist the candidates on the basis of educational qualification / experience/papers published.
(a)The candidates are required to apply ONLINE only from10:00 AM on 07.08.2022 (Sunday) to 29.08.2022 (Monday) up to 06.00 PM.
(b) For submission of application through ONLINE MODE, please visit: niperkolkata.edu.in
(c) Before sending/posting the Hard Copy of Online Application (successfully submitted) the candidates must ensure that the Application Form is completed in all aspects i.e. duly signed, pasting recent passport size photograph (clearly visible) have been put in-place at space provided for it and all relevant educational, experience and Category Certificate (where ever applicable) duly self-attested copy have been attached properly.
(d) Each Application must be sent in a separate envelope and each envelope should contain one application only. (e) The complete Hard Copy Application Form (in all aspects) must reach the Institute on or before 07.09.2022 (Wednesday) upto 05.00 PM by Registered / Speed Post/Courier. The envelope, containing complete application, should be super-scribed as “Name of the Post Applied for” & Post Code.____“Employment Notification No.________”and must be sent to
The Registrar I/C
168, Chunilal Bhawan
Maniktala Main Road
Kolkata - 700054
(f) The Applications (Hard Copy of the successfully submitted online form only) can be submitted in person at the institute during 11 AM to 5 PM on all working days up to 07.09.2022 (Wednesday)
See All Other Jobs in our Database