Lead Investigator require at Syngene International Ltd
Incorporated in 1993, Syngene International Ltd. is an innovation-focused global discovery, development and manufacturing organization providing integrated scientific services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, nutrition, animal health, consumer goods and specialty chemical industries around the world. Syngene’ s clientele includes world leaders such as Bristol-Myers Squibb, Baxter, Amgen, GSK, Merck KGaA and Herbalife. Its innovative culture is driven by the passion of its 4240- strong team of scientists who work with clients from around the world to solve their scientific problems, improve R&D productivity, speed up time to market and lower the cost of innovation.
Post : Lead Investigator - Antibody Engineering
Job Purpose :
Syngene’s Discovery Biology Department is seeking an outstanding scientist who is proficient in antibody engineering and antibody discovery to work on exciting therapeutic antibody programs. The candidate must have demonstrable track record in the area of antibody engineering with at least 10 years of post-PhD experience. Excellent people-management and communication skills are a must.
• Involvement in design, testing and optimization of intracellular and bi-specific antibodies
• Design and generate antibody libraries
• Development of assays for antibody lead selection
• Expression, purification and characterization of antibodies
• Involvement in creating infrastructure for display platforms such as yeast/phage/mammalian etc.
• Development of new cutting-edge structure based computational tools to advance antibody discovery, optimization and engineering
• Implement humanization and affinity maturation strategies
• Epitope mapping and determination of kinetic constants
• Serve as technical lead on projects in a cross-functional team setting
• Act as a champion for antibody development
• Ability to independently analyse and present scientific data
• Accountability for completion of projects on time
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Possess the knowledge and exposure to environment, health, and safety (EHS) practices
• Ensure the development of effective environment, health, and safety (EHS) practices for the company and oversee compliance with those practices
• Foster a corporate culture that promotes environment, health, and safety (EHS) mindset at workplace
• Follow environment, health, and safety (EHS) requirements at all times in the workplace ensuring individual and lab/plant safety
• Ensure environment, health, and safety (EHS) measures are imparted via training and adhered within the team
Candidate Profile :
• PhD with >10 years of experience in academia or in industry in antibody engineering
• Substantial hands on experience in antibody engineering
• Experience in antibody sequence isolation, repertoire analysis and V region classification
• Use of any of the display platforms such as yeast, phage etc.
• Proficiency in designing and developing intracellular protein-protein interactions using a reporter system
• Experience in transient and stable expression of cells for antibody production and purification
• Use of cell-based reporter system for functional assays
• Experience in computational and biological science
• A proactive attitude towards internal and external customer satisfaction and the highest standards of scientific quality and regulatory compliance.
• To be an excellent communicator with demonstrable skills in written, spoken and presentation media.
• Have a meticulous attitude towards consistency of 100% quality in study plan, reports and related material.
• Be aware of study status at all times and anticipate problems that may affect timing, quality or integrity and take appropriate action to resolve such problems.
Experience : 5+ years
Qualification : Ph.D degree
Location : Karnataka - Bangalore
Industry Type : Pharma / Healthcare/ Clinical research
Functional Area : Antibody Engineering
Req ID : 13942
End Date : 15th September, 2020
See All Other Jobs in our Database