Job openings for B.Pharm, B.Sc as Manager in Market Research and NPP at MSD
MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where MSD has codified its 125-year legacy. MSD’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Post : Manager, Market Research and NPP
• Manager of Market Research, Analytics and New Product Planning will be responsible for India and sub-region (Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Pakistan) strategic market research, new product launch, deletion and divestitures
• Will leverage a strong understanding of market research in synthesizing and applying research insights to influence marketing strategy and identify opportunities.
• Is a strategic partner to the business and other internal clients, is responsible for understanding the client’s business challenges and for managing different areas of market research
• Will work with BUs to develop new product plans and design strategic framework for new product collaboration with stakeholders
Primary activities include
Independently lead working team of internal stakeholders and market research suppliers to deliver customer insights:
• Lead working teams to scope and design market research studies; lead all aspects of the market research process; manage budgets and timelines of projects
• Work directly with research agencies to achieve results: quality requirements, review analysis of research data, ensure delivery of effective presentations.
• Fully compliant with MSD policies and procedures
Communicate with and influence broad range of stakeholders to take action:
• Translate research findings into business implications and integrate a variety of sources/studies to present strategic options to the franchise teams: actively participate in follow-on sessions and facilitate decision-making.
• Engage stakeholders in discussion of full range of recommendations, and advocate for appropriate actions to be taken to positively impact the business.
Independently manage complex projects, applying best practices and innovative techniques:
• Personally manage complex, higher risk projects with limited supervision.
• Take full ownership of understanding the business challenge/information needs, consider alternatives, propose appropriate method/approach, apply best practices, and proactively consider and/or develop new techniques and innovations to meet objectives.
• Complete complex analyses using available databases; apply broad knowledge of secondary sources and statistics.
Independently manage new product development and planning:
• Liaise with medical, regulatory and BU to ensure new pipeline product prioritization for local clinical trials.
• Liaise with BD in cases of local sourcing of new products
• Set measures for the product plan at the outset and gain agreement from relevant stakeholders
• Manage aspects of brand packaging, where appropriate
• Participate in cross-functional teams for product planning or brand improvements (e.g. new products, line extension, etc.)
Lead deletion and divestitures:
• Act as Country Implementation Lead for deletion and divestitures of products
• Create detailed plans with cross functional teams across the local and global organization and execute the same in a timely manner
• B.Sc/ B Pharm or equivalent
• MBA from top tiered institute
• Minimum of 3 years pharmaceutical market research and/ or related experience (sales, marketing, market research / sales support)
• In-depth knowledge of the healthcare environment and global pharmaceutical markets
• Highly developed analytical skills, strong problem-solving and demonstrated ability to think strategically and objectively.
Experience : 3 years
Qualification : B.Sc/ B Pharm, MBA
Location : Bangalore
Industry Type : Pharma
Functional Area : Market Research
End Date : 10th September, 2018
See All Other Jobs in our Database