The Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Pune is a premier institute dedicated to research and teaching in the basic sciences. It was established in 2006 by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (renamed Ministry of Education in August 2020). In 2012, IISER Pune was declared as an Institute of National Importance by an Act of Parliament.
Post : Senior Research Fellow
No. of posts : 01 (One)
Title of the Project : “Towards an evidence-based regimen for treating extra- pulmonary tuberculosis (EPTB)”
Funding Agency : Department of Biotechnology (DBT)
Minimum educational Qualification and Experience : M.Sc. / M.S. / M.Tech. in Life sciences / Biotechnology / Chemistry with minimum 70% marks / equivalent grade with minimum 2 years of research experience as Junior Research Fellow (JRF) or equivalent.
Preference : Candidates having following will be preferred
Research experience in Bio analytical Chemistry and/or Mass Spectrometry with basic skills in preparing and analyzing samples from LC-MS experiments.
A strong interest in tuberculosis research.
Consolidated emoluments per month : Rs. 35,000/- + 24% (House Rent Allowance)
Tenure of the appointment : Initially for a period of six months extendable for further period subject to satisfactory performance of the incumbent and continuation of the project.
Age of applicant as on date of walk-in interview : Not more than 32 years
General Information / details about the post
1. The appointment is purely temporary and will terminate automatically without any notice or compensation on termination of the project.
2. The appointed person shall have no claim of appointment / absorption in Funding Agency or in IISER Pune.
3. The appointment of the applicant will be governed by the terms and conditions of the funding agency particularly applicable to the said project.
4. The prescribed date for determining the upper age limit, educational qualifications or experience shall be the date of walk-in interview.
5. The prescribed educational qualification should have been obtained from recognized Universities / Institutions.
6. The prescribed educational qualifications and / or experience are the bare minimum and mere possession of same does not entitle candidates to be considered in each stage of the selection process. Where number of candidates appearing for walk-in interview is large, it will not be convenient or possible to interview all eligible candidates. Based on the recommendations of the Screening Committee, the number of candidates to be considered for the interview may be restricted to a reasonable limit after taking into consideration qualifications and experience over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Therefore, it will be in the interest of the candidates, to mention all the qualifications and experience in the application.
7. Number of posts may vary depending upon the requirements during the selection process.
8. Age relaxation commensurate with educational qualification/s and / or experience/s of the applicant may be considered for candidates having qualification and experience higher than the advertised with the prior approval of the competent authority.
9. The experience requirement may be relaxed based on the cohort of applications received, with the prior approval of the competent authority.
10. In case, a selected candidate does not join or resigns after joining the post, waitlisted candidate/s may be offered the position.
11. No TA/DA will be admissible for appearing for the interview.
12. No interim enquiries / correspondence / communication of any sort will be entertained on the matter.
13. Bringing any influence, political, or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification for the post applied for.
WALK IN INTERVIEW
Date : Wednesday May 03, 2023
Reporting Time : 10.00 AM
Venue : Seminar Room No. 34,2nd Floor
Main Building, IISER Pune, Dr. Homi Bhabha Road, Pashan, Pune - 411008
For any queries please write to following email address : firstname.lastname@example.org
At the time of Walk-in interview, applicants need to bring following :
1. Duly filled prescribed application form (Link to download the same is available below advertisement link)
2. All the originals and one set of self-attested photocopies of :
i. Certificate regarding date of birth ii. Mark sheets and certificates (starting from 10th onward) regarding educational qualification
iii. All Certificate/s regarding experience/s as mentioned in the application form
iv. One Photo Identity proof (Government issued) 3. One recent passport-size color photograph.
See All Other Jobs in our Database