Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), an Autonomous Institute under the aegis of the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Government of India and is also a Deemed University, mainly awarding degrees for doctoral programs.
Post : Scientific Officer D (Biomolecular Mass Spectrometry Facility) on a Permanent basis
The National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS) a Centre of TIFR, invites online applications for the post of Scientific Officer 'D' (Biomolecular Mass Spectrometry Facility) on a Permanent basis. NCBS is seeking a scientist to be part of its team within the mass spectrometry facility. The mass spectrometry facility is equipped with multiple state-of-the-art mass spectrometers and allied equipment for a range of biomolecular analyses including both proteomics and small molecule mass spectrometry (metabolomics and lipidomics).
Essential Qualification & Experience :
• PhD in Biotechnology / Life Sciences/chemistry from a recognized University/Institute.
• Minimum Two (2) years of post-doctoral experience in Bio-molecular Mass spectrometry.
Desirable Experience :
• Hands-on experience in working with modern mass spectrometry systems.
• Experience in managing mass spectrometry systems and associated equipment.
• Track record in developing and implementing new analytical methods using mass spectrometry in the domain of chemistry or biomolecular systems.
• Track record and interest in training researchers in the use of mass spectrometry for biological research.
Age limit :- Maximum 35 years as on 1.1.2023
Level in Pay Matrix : Level 11 (stage-1) Basic Pay: Rs. 67,700/- + allowances as per Central Government norms.
1. Appointment for the above posts will be initially for a period of three years, including a probation period of one year. Continuing appointments beyond the initial period of three years will be subject to the results of a comprehensive review and performance appraisal. After a successful review, the appointment is continued until the superannuation age, which is sixty.
2. The selected candidate shall be required to join immediately. The Institute reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates for the recruitment process to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualification and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Mere fulfilling the essential and desirable qualifications will not entitle an applicant to be called for consideration for the recruitment process.
3. The Selection process shall involve two-stage i.e., a Preliminary Interview and Main Interview. The Main Interview shall be conducted only for those candidates who are shortlisted based on their performance in the Preliminary Interview. Any change in the recruitment process will be intimated to the candidates in advance. The institute reserves the right not to fill the above posts herein advertised in case suitable candidates are not found. Canvassing in any form shall disqualify the candidate.
4. The posts are tenable at Bangalore but are liable to be transferred if the need arises to the Institute’s headquarters or other Centres and Field Stations.
5. If you are working in a Govt./ Semi Govt. /Public Sector undertaking and your application have not been forwarded through the proper channel, you are required to bring a No Objection Certificate from your present employer during the time of the Preliminary Interview, failing which you may not be allowed for the recruitment process.
6. Prescribed age should not exceed 1st January 2023 for the above posts.
7. The selected candidate for the above post will be governed by the National Pension System applicable to the Central Government service [unless she/he is already governed by CCS (Pension) Rules 1972].
8. Since this position is Unreserved [SC, ST and OBC candidates applying for unreserved posts will not be eligible for age relaxation]
9. Candidates applying for the above post and who are eligible for further age relaxation as per the extant rules of TIFR or GoI are required to submit applications by POST, along with a copy of the relevant certificate in support of age relaxation (for example ex-servicemen, persons with benchmark disabilities, etc.).
10. Incomplete applications and online applications without uploading the supporting documents in support of their Educational qualification with marks sheet, Date of Birth, Experience certificate along with pay drawn, etc. shall not be considered.
11. No TA/DA is admissible for appearing in the recruitment process.
12. Applications from the candidates will be accepted ONLY ON-LINE, except for those who are seeking age relaxation as per extant GoI & TIFR rules are required to submit applications in the Prescribed format by post and must reach to Head, (A&F), National Centre for Biological Sciences, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, GKVK Post, Bellary Road, Bangalore: 560065 by 12th May 2023. The Applications by post must superscribe the post applied for, Advertisement No. & Serial Number of the post on the envelope.
13. Higher starting salary could be considered for deserving candidates as per extant rules.
14. Government strives to have a workforce which reflects gender balance and women candidates are encouraged to apply.
The Last date for receipt of ONLINE applications : 10th May 2023
See All Other Jobs in our Database