Colgate - Palmolive is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognized brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, elmex, Tom’s of Maine, Sorriso, Speed Stick, Lady Speed Stick, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Protex, Sanex, Elta MD, PCA Skin, Ajax, Axion, Fabuloso, Soupline and Suavitel, as well as Hill’s Science Diet and Hill’s Prescription Diet.
Post : Research Scientist [Team Lead]
The position leads Personal care / Home Care product development for assigned brands/region and is responsible for driving business growth by partnering with commercial & supply chain teams and by introducing new innovative products which cater to unmet consumer needs, modifications to existing formulae and simplification/harmonization of global bundles for the assigned geography, in compliance to safety standards, defined quality standards, FDA norms and government regulations. Additionally, this position also leads the technology transfer process of new products from lab/pilot scale development to commercial production phase at plants.
• Demonstrate strong business acumen (end to end, not limited to Global technology function) to develop new products that result in sustainable business growth.
• Proactively partner with commercial & supply chain teams to better understand business/ consumer/customer need and develop Personal care / Home care product development strategy to drive sustainable business growth.
• Demonstrate expertise in Personal care / Home care technology to develop new innovative product bundles and solutions that cater to unmet consumer need.
• Lead Personal care / Home care technology product development projects independently for all existing & new product bundles, from conceptualization to implementation on the ground.
• Proactively identify & execute projects to improve processes and products resulting in tangible benefits for the organization in terms of funding the growth initiative.
• Develop a high performing agile team of scientist to deliver outstanding business results in-line with Colgate business strategy
• Develop impactful & compelling scientific product demos & stories that helps to drive consumer adoption of the new products.
• Gain thorough understanding of product portfolio and related regulatory requirements for the assigned geography.
• Identify opportunities to work on new molecules, ingredients leading to Invention records, Research reports, publications, Patents etc.
• Initiate and Implement new ideas and programs in the spirit of continuous improvement in R&D.
• Lead supplier qualification programs for raw materials & provide required support to packaging material qualification programs.
• Coordinate with Global and Regional technology Centers, manufacturing sites and vendors for the effective and timely implementation of technology.
• Drive and implement Quality improvement and EOHS initiatives.
• Drive supplier qualification and up-gradation program to improve product quality and performance.
• Support claim substantiation with clinical studies data documentation.
• Process Compliance: Ensure 100% compliance to all relevant standards & processes. Ensure accurate documentation of processes, test results and project output.
• Industrial experience in formulation development in FMCG or a Pharma company preferably in development of Oral Care / Personal Care / Home Care Products.
• Should have a Masters degree or Ph.D in chemistry/ Pharmacy with minimum 5 years experience in Cosmetic/ Pharma product development with a reputed FMCG/Pharma company.
• Strong analytical ability and result orientation.
• Experience in preparation of supporting data related to new product launches/ Relaunches to ensure smooth technology transfer to plant
• Specialization in Soap making and Surfactants, Oils & fats is highly desirable.
Experience : minimum 5 years
Qualification : Masters degree or Ph.D in Chemistry / Pharmacy
Location : Mumbai, Maharashtra
Industry Type : Pharma / Healthcare/ Clinical research
End Date : 10th May, 2023
See All Other Jobs in our Database