Southern Railway, in its present form, came into existence on 14th April 1951 through the merger of the three state railways namely Madras and Southern Mahratta Railway, the South Indian Railway and the Mysore State Railway. Southern Railway’s present network extends over a large area of India’s Southern Peninsula, covering the states of Tamilnadu, Kerala, Pondicherry and a small portion of Andhra Pradesh. Serving these naturally plentiful and culturally rich southern states, the Southern Railway extends from Mangalore on the west coast and Kanniyakumari in the south to Renigunta in the North West and Gudur in the North East.
Post : Pharmacist
In view of the exigencies related with the COVID-19 Pandemic, Southern Railway, Chennai Division requires immediately PHARMACISTS for their Divisional Railway Hospital, Arakkonam (Designated Hospital for managing COVID-19) on contract basis for a period of maximum 3 months..
No of posts : 09
Monthly Remuneration : Rs.29,200/- in Level-5 (plus DA & other allowances admissible.)
Educational Qualification/Requirements : 10+2 in science or its equivalent with Diploma in Pharmacy from recognised institution and registered as Pharmacist under the Pharmacy Act 1948 OR Bachelor degree in Pharmacy from recognised university or equivalent and registered as Pharmacist under the Pharmacy Act 1948.
Age as on 01.04.2020 : 20-35 years
1. Relaxation of 5 years of age for SC/ST candidates.
2. Relaxation of 3 years of age for OBC Non Creamy layer candidates.
Medical Examination : The Candidate shall undergo a medical examination, before the contract is entered into, for fitness to perform the work awarded to him/her.
Teleconference Interview will be conducted for selection of suitable candidates
Terms and Conditions :
1. The engagement of the Contract Pharmacist would be on the fulltime contract basis for a period of maximum three months from the date of engagement (if the scheme of engagement of Paramedical Staff on contract basis is not extended). The service rendered during the contract is an arrangement for meeting up the requirement of the pandemic situation and it will not confer any right for automatic regularization/absorption in Southern Railway in any circumstances.
2. The services rendered as Pharmacist on contract basis is a stop gap arrangement and will not have any bearing in respect of consideration of their period of service in case of regular selection through RRB.
3. Full time Contract Staff who enters into contract with the Railways will not have any claim or right for his/her regularization or absorption in Railway service.
4. During the validity of contracts, the Railway Administration will be at liberty to terminate the contract at any time during the contract period for administrative reasons whatsoever. The contract shall also be terminated forthwith if the work of the Contract Staff is found to be unsatisfactory and the full time Contract Staff is found to be physically or mentally invalid or incapacitated.
5. Candidates proposed to be engaged on contract should be fit medically else will not be considered.
6. After selection of the candidates for the posts required, the names of the remaining candidates who appeared in the Interview will be kept on waiting list and in event of any vacancy arises in future will be filled by these candidates.
7. The detailed instructions with regard to the duties shall be given to the candidates who are selected, along with the offer of engagement.
8. The candidates on contract are required to follow the dress code as per administrative requirement at their own cost.
9. The SC/ST/OBC candidates should submit a self-attested copy of the caste certificate issued by the competent authority in the prescribed proforma. OBC candidates must ensure ‘non creamy layer’ certification and such certification should not be more than one year old at the time of Document Verification. 10. The selected candidate will be paid remuneration as noted in Para-I mentioned above and the candidates cannot claim any additional remuneration allowances or other benefits during the course of contract period.
11. No private practice or any other employment will be permitted during the contract period.
12. The candidates are personally responsible for payment of professional tax, income tax and other duties/ taxes leviable by the State/Central Governments from time to time.
Candidates who fulfil the above terms and conditions and having requisite qualification may REGISTER THEIR DETAILS IN THE LINK BELOW FOR TELECONFERENCE INTERVIEW.
Last Date for Registration : 17/04/2020
Date and time of teleconference Interview will be communicated to your mobile number.
See All Other Jobs in our Database