Walk in interview for Research Associate at Indian Institute of Science Education and Research
The Government of India, through the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), and based on the recommendation of Scientific Advisory Council to the Prime Minister, decided to create five undergraduate science universities. Named as the INDIAN INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE EDUCATION AND RESEARCH (IISER), these IISERs are designed to reach the prestigious position in the global setting that IISc, IIMs and IITs presently enjoy.
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Pune is a premier autonomous Institution established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, for the promotion of high-quality science education and research in the country.
Post : Research Associate
Name of the Project : “Internal state-dependent modulation of decision-making: CART neuropeptide in coordinating energy levels with risk-taking behavior at the amygdala”
Project Code : 30117314
Funding Agency : Department of Science and Technology (DST)
Minimum Educational Qualification & Experience
Ph.D. in any branch of Life Sciences or equivalent. Candidates, who have submitted their thesis but have not yet received their degrees, may also apply. Candidate must have at least one peer reviewed international publication from his / her Ph.D. Necessary
1. Rodent handling and rodent behavior
2. Basics of rodent neuroanatomy.
3. Experience in stereotaxic surgery on rat / mouse brain 4.Bright field and fluorescence microscopy and morphometric analysis
Preference : Candidates having research articles demonstrating competence in brain and behavior studies using the approaches indicated above will be preferred
1) Rs.36, 000/- per month + 30% HRA.
2) Candidates who have submitted their thesis but not completed defense (i.e. candidates without a provisional certificate of having qualified for the degree), will be designated as SRF and paid Rs. 28,000 + 30% HRA till the time of submission of Provisional Ph.D. certificate.
Tenure of the appointment
Initially for one year, extendable for further period subject to satisfactory performance of the incumbent and continuation of the study project.
Age : Not more than 35 years as on the closing date of Advertisement.
For More Info Go Next Page...