Opportunity for Ph.D, M.Pharm, M.Sc as Specialist-LSW at Merck Limited
Merck Limited (formerly E. Merck Limited) was set up in India as the first Merck subsidiary in Asia in 1967. The Company operates both its Pharmaceuticals and Chemicals businesses in the country. Merck was also the first Merck Group Company to go public in the year 1981. The Merck Group now holds 51% of the share capital in Merck Limited, while the remaining 49% is traded on the Bombay Stock Exchange Ltd. and National Stock Exchange of India Ltd. Merck Specialities Pvt. Ltd., the wholly owned Indian subsidiary of Merck KGaA, was incorporated in 2005.
Post : Specialist-LSW
Scope of Responsibility: To answer the technical queries pertaining to Lab Separation and Workflow Tools which is assigned to SBS technical service
Purpose of The Position : The Sales support/Technical support engineer manages on a daily basis product and application inquiries to support sales directly or indirectly and ensures these are treated with the level of reactivity according to the needs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Provide scientific responses to the LSW questions and solutions to customers’ research problems by utilizing scientific knowledge and available resources, consulting with more experienced scientists when necessary.
• To maintain the image of our company as a source of scientific information, to function as a leader in Life Science and High Technology, and to promote our obsession with service.
• Enhance our product information databases by documenting technical information from customer interactions.
• Recommend products based on customer needs and research interests.
• Compliant Management- Act as a customer advocate and ensure that customer complaints are understood, recorded in the quality system and ensure a good advancement of the complaint process and a high quality analysis and customer response
• Document errors and information the responsible department for changes in company electronic and printed publications.
• Document all customer interactions and requests for new products.
• Contribute to company/department operations and process improvement efforts.
• Recommend and participate in process improvement studies.
• Actively participate on intra- and inter-departmental teams as assigned.
• Miscellaneous duties and tasks as assigned.
• Exemplary attendance and adherence to schedule.
PhD, Master degree in Biology, Biochemistry or in other Natural Sciences (Chemistry, Analytics, Pharmacist; Biology, Pharmacy, Biochemistry, microbiology, etc.)
• 3 years in R&D/ Technical services of life science or chemical industry.
• Previous work experience should be from a fast-paced, changing and growing organization either as
• LAB QA/QC, photometry, chromatography, atomic absorption, sample preparation, filtration.
• Filtration and Sample Preparation at biopharma R&D /QC lab
• Lab, QA/QC, Life Science Specialist or R&D Lab technician.
• Method development. Sample preparation. Protein or analytical filtration
Experience : 3 years
Qualification : Ph.D, M.Pharm, M.Sc
Location : Bangalore
Industry Type : Pharma
Functional Area : Technical Service
End Date : 25th May, 2019
See All Other Jobs in our Database