JIPMER imparts Undergraduate (UG), Postgraduate (PG) and Super speciality Medical Training through a working hospital (JIPMER Hospital) with a bed strength of 1500 and a Nursing College. M.B.B.S., B.Sc. M.Sc., M.D., M.S., Degree Courses are offered in 32 various disciplines. Super speciality departments of Cardiology, Neurology, CardiothoracicSurgery,Neurosurgery, Urology& Neonatology, Clinical Immunology, Clinical Pharmacology, Clinical Haematology and Surgical Gastroenterology also offer D.M./M.Ch. Courses. Fellowship courses are available in four disciplines. Full-time Ph.D. Programmes are available in six disciplines.
Post : Professor of Pharmacology
Pay Band and Grade Pay : PB-4: 37400-67000 + AGP 10,500/-(Academic Grade Pay) with a minimum of Rs.51,600/- with NPA (NPA applicable only to Medical candidates)
Examination Fees: No Fees
Age Limit: NOT EXCEEDING 58 YEARS AS ON CLOSING DATE
Essential Qualification: i. A Medical qualification included in the I or II Schedule or Part II of the third Schedule to the Indian Medical Council Act of 1956 (persons possessing qualifications included in part II or third schedule should also fulfill the conditions specified in Section13 (3) of the Act.) ii. A Postgraduate qualification, i.e. M.D in Pharmacology or a recognized qualification equivalent thereto.
Experience: Fourteen years teaching and/or research experience in a recognized institution in Pharmacology after obtaining the qualifying degree of M.D in Pharmacology or a qualification recognized equivalent thereto.
FOR NON-MEDICAL CANDIDATES:
Essential Qualification: i. Post Graduate Qualifications, i.e. Master’s Degree in Pharmacology or allied subjects. ii. A Doctorate (Ph. D) Degree from a recognized University/institute.
Experience: 14 years’ teaching and/or research experience in Pharmacology or subject concerned after obtaining the Doctorate Degree
MODE OF SELECTION: Interview
Find More Info Go to Next Page...
HOW TO APPLY?
Candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria as mentioned above may apply in the prescribed format (printed in A4 size paper) along with the self- attested copies of the following certificates/enclosures:- (If a candidate wants to apply for more than one post he / she should apply in separate format for each post)
1. Age Proof.
2. Relevant Educational & Technical Qualifications and Experience certificates for the post applied.
3. “No Objection Certificate‟ from the present employer, if employed in State/Central Government/ Union Territories/Public Sector Undertaking/Autonomous bodies of State/Centre Govt. Service candidate seeking age relaxation would be required to produce a Certificate from his/her Employer on the Office letter head to the effect that he/she is a regular Employee and not on casual/adhoc/daily wages/hourly paid/contract basis employee.
4. The candidates belonging to OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)/SC/ST category should submit the certificate issued by the competent authority failing which they will be considered against UR category only subject to eligibility.
5. Recent Passport Size Photograph with self-attested affixed in application..
6. Disability Certificate issued by the competent authority. If any application received without valid supporting documents for the disability, the application will not be accepted.
1. Application cover should be superscribed as “Application for the Post of ________________ (Code No. :________)” and the same should be addressed to the Director, JIPMER, Puducherry-605006.
2. Application along with self-attested copies of certificates as stated above should be submitted in the prescribed Pro-forma (Annexure) as in the specimen given below. It should be neatly typed in A4 size paper.
3. Candidates applying for more than one post should send separate application form for each post along with the self-attested copies of the certificates required. Otherwise, the application will be rejected without any intimation.
4. INCOMPLETE APPLICATION WILL BE REJECTED.
5. Submission of application without Qualifying Certificate/Experience Certificate will be summarily rejected.
6. For candidates working in Central/State Government/Union Territories/Public Sector undertaking / Autonomous bodies, their application should be routed through proper channel with the Vigilance Clearance Certificate or along with „No Objection Certificate‟ from the Employer.
7. This Institute is not responsible for any postal delay.
8. The Call memo will be sent only to Eligible candidates. No intimation will be sent for late applications and also for ineligible applications.
9. Incomplete application i.e. applications not enclosing all or any of the copies of the required certificates / application received after due date mentioned below will be rejected without any intimation
10. Unsigned application will be rejected summarily.
11. THE CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED NOT TO BRING ANY POLITICAL OR OTHER RECOMMENDATIONS TO INFLUENCE THEIR SELECTION. THE CANDIDATURE OF SUCH CANDIDATES WILL BE SUMMARILY REJECTED.
12. Submission of any missing/additional Certificates/documents after the last date for receipt of the application will not be entertained.
13. The last date for receipt of filled in applications is 28.04.2017 (Friday) by 4.30 PM.
See All Other Jobs in our Database