Working opportunity for Research and Development - PhD - Computational Biologist in Procter & Gamble
Procter & Gamble is the innovation leader in our industry. Virtually all the organic sales growth we’ve delivered in the past nine years has come from new brands and new or improved product innovation. We continually strengthen our innovation capability and pipeline by investing two times more, on average, than our major competitors.
P&G. We interact with more than five million consumers each year in nearly 60 countries around the world. We conduct over 15,000 research studies every year. We invest more than $350 million a year in consumer understanding. This results in insights that tell us where the innovation opportunities are and how to serve and communicate with consumers.
Post: Research and Development - Ph.D - Computational Biologist
This role is a full-time position focused on the development and application of continuum-based (ODE) physiological models of biological systems to enable or inform early decision-making on the selection of biological targets and materials for conditions of interest. Flexibility to implement and develop alternative computational modeling strategies related to systems biology is also expected. The successful candidate will need to be comfortable working with scientists and engineers with a diverse background, such as peer modelers, experimental biologists, bioinformaticians, statisticians, engineers, etc.
Leverage and integrate public and proprietary data from a variety of sources (clinical, in vitro, -omics, analytical), to develop mechanistic computational models of biological systems and to apply them towards various conditions of interest. Generate hypotheses of biological mechanisms and work with experimental biologist(s), clinical scientists, engineers to test predictions from computational models.
Ph.D. in engineering, biophysics, computer sciences, computational biology, bioinformatics, pharmacy, biology, mathematics, statistics, or a closely related field, with Systems Biology, Systems Pharmacology modeling and simulation experience. Postdoctoral experience in these fields is a strong plus.
Additional Job Requirements
- Experience working with mechanistic computational modeling in a biological context (Large-ODE Systems, Agent-based models, etc.). Demonstrated skills in developing/improving/analyzing/applying systems biology/pharmacology models.
- Passionate about solving challenging problems using modeling and simulation tools. Broad experience in using systems biology approaches for the interpretation of physiological responses, cellular processes, and/or biomarker discovery, etc. We are particularly interested in candidates who have experience with integrating data across various sources.
- Excellent programming skills in one or more of the computer languages, such as C/C++, Python, R, Matlab etc. Excellent communication skills, being able to simplify complex modeling ideas and explain to people without modeling experiences.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
- Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
- Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
**Please include your resume and a brief summary of your research in the resume text field (maximum characters 64,000).
Industry Type: Pharma/Biotech/Clinical Research
Job ID: 1234557
See All Other Jobs in our Database
PLEASE NOTIFY THAT THIS JOB IS EXPIRED.
FIND LATEST JOBS BY CLICKING LINKS BELOW.