RESULT IS THE CULMINATION OF ACTIVITIES
We all know result is the culmination of many identified activities. A student scores good marks and comes out with flying colours, only after years of hard work and preparation in studies. Likewise, in ethical Pharma selling/marketing, achievement of objectives – targets – is the result of implementation of identified activities, i.e. strategies, consistently.
The identified activities may be:
• Understanding the products well
• Identification of right doctors for right products
• Effective detailing for each product
• Doctor and Chemist call averages more than norm with good quality calls every day
• Hard work – morning and evening work
• Conduct Market survey/Retail Chemist Prescription Audit (RCPA) to arrive at the correct potential of each and every Doctor, record it, and then decide how much we want to get from each Doctor for our products
• Correct implementation of promotional, gift, and sampling strategy for each product
• Visit to Retailers before meeting each Doctor to find out the extent of support by the nearby Doctors, check availability of products, then book (order) POB where necessary, and ensure prompt supply by concerned Stockist/Distributor.
• Updation of Doctors list as per strategy depending upon extent of response to our promotion of products over a period of time.
If these are done properly in all sincerity and consistently, result will come automatically, barring exceptions.
However when Line Managers visit their team members, generally the discussion centers around Sales Vs Target productwise, then go for joint work to meet some important Doctors, before they leave. Unfortunately, many of the first line managers still feel and behave like Senior Medical Representatives. If the Line Managers really want to develop their team members and make them stand on their own legs, the focus during joint work and in any meeting should be mainly about whether the team member ensures 100% implementation of each and every identified activities, i.e. strategies, afterwards only the other topics should come up for discussion. Such Line Managers and their team members may be more successful than their counterparts. They may go for field work happily every day. In the light of this, Pharma Companies must ensure that whenever they induct newly promoted/selected Line Managers, this must be explained to them well for total adherence.
The author Mr.Srinivasan V has over 35 years of rich experience in Pharma Companies, having headed Sales Administration, HR, Administration, Personnel, and Training functions. He has authored over 500 articles in India and abroad on Pharma Management. His book “Reach For the Stars” is like a Bible for aspiring and already working Medical Representatives.
- Srinivasan V
NOW YOU CAN ALSO PUBLISH YOUR ARTICLE ONLINE.
SUBMIT YOUR ARTICLE/PROJECT AT firstname.lastname@example.org
FIND OUT MORE ARTICLES AT OUR DATABASE