HEALTH RISK ASSESSMENT TO CALCIUM IN DRINKING WATER OF RURAL RESIDENTS LIVING IN BHUSAWAL CITY, MAHARASHTRA (INDIA)
Quantitative estimation of Calcium in water samples from Natural sources Of Bhusawal (21.0455° N, 75.8011° E) region showed that concentration of Calcium is within acceptable safe limits as per WHO guidelines of Calcium and Concentration of Calcium Was Found High in water samples of Well as compared to Bore well and river (Tapti), therefore from the study it can be suggested that Population residing in Bhusawal region consuming water from Well are getting more Calcium as compared to Population Consuming water from Bore Well and river (Tapti) and Population Consuming water from Well will be less prone to Calcium deficiency and other diseases associated with Calcium deficiencies like rickets, osteomalacia and osteoporosis.
Quantitative estimation of Calcium in water samples from Natural sources Of Bhusawal (21.0455° N, 75.8011° E) region showed that concentration of calcium is within acceptable safe limits as per WHO guidelines and Population residing in Bhusawal region consuming water from Well will be less prone to Calcium deficiency and risks associated with it.
1. A Prentice (2007) “Diet, nutrition and the prevention of osteoporosis, Public Health Nutrition; (1A), 227-243.
2. Guidelines for Drinking Water Quality (1993); World Health Organization; Second Edition-Volume-1, Geneva.
3. http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/role-calcium-bodys-nutrition 1265.html
6. Human Vitamin and Mineral Requirements, Produced by Agriculture and Consumer Protection, Chapter 11 (Calcium) by Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations and WHO, 2001.
7. Sanjay A. Nagdev, Ravi P. Kalsait, Milind J. Umekar (2016); Quantitative estimation: An approach for quantification of essential trace elements in drinking water from natural sources; Archives of Applied Science Research; 8 (9):12-18
8. Underwood, EJ. (1971); Trace elements in human and animal nutrition; Academic Press, New York.
NOW YOU CAN ALSO PUBLISH YOUR ARTICLE ONLINE.
SUBMIT YOUR ARTICLE/PROJECT AT email@example.com
FIND OUT MORE ARTICLES AT OUR DATABASE