The college was inaugurated on 4th July 1945 by Sir Cattamanchi Ramalinga Reddy, the distinguished educationist and the then Vice-Chancellor, Andhra University and the college was named after him "Sir C.R. Reddy Municipal College". The college started functioning as a second grade college with Sri D.S. Subrahmanyam as the Founder Principal. A constitution was adopted for the Governing Body in the year 1947, according to which the word "Municipal" was dropped for the original name of the college. The college name to be treated as an institution under Private Management by the Government from 1947.
Post : Assistant Professors