Job as Scientist II - Protein Analysis (B&B) in United States Pharmacopeia
The United States Pharmacopeia (USP) is a non–governmental, official public standards–setting authority for prescription and over–the–counter medicines and other healthcare products manufactured or sold in the United States. USP also sets widely recognized standards for food ingredients and dietary supplements. USP sets standards for the quality, purity, strength, and consistency of these products–critical to the public health. USP's standards are recognized and used in more than 130 countries around the globe. These standards have helped to ensure public health throughout the world for close to 200 years.
Post: Scientist II – Protein Analysis (B&B)
Function of the Position:
This is a hands-on, non-supervisory position in USP-India’s Biologics and Biotechnology. In this role, the Scientist delivers sustained contributions that result in innovative product and process technologies for USP. The Scientist will contribute to the scientific experience and work ethic of the laboratory through a broad range of technical knowledge. A Scientist has mastered some of the common techniques in the laboratory, and is able to contribute their own observations and input to projects. The Scientist at this level may execute 80% - 100% of their work at the bench level.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Assists the group leader in implementing and evaluating laboratory procedures and systems.
• Demonstrates strong skill in laboratory methods in the areas of bioassays and immunoassays.
• Can conduct lab test procedures with minimal supervision and errors and can interpret results correctly.
• Reviews, and evaluates scientific literature in the relevant technical area.
• Drafts project testing plans and reports for review.
• Assists in purchase of laboratory equipment and lab management.
• Troubleshoots instrumentation within the area of expertise.
• Recommends improvements to methods and processes.
• Actively engages overall project and ensures own work in aligned with overarching goals and priorities.
• Executes all testing / analysis, and records experimental data, ensuring clear and accurate transcription of results and calculations.
• Routinely applies personal experience, academic training, and technical insights to solve complex problems in the laboratory.
• Attends group and project meetings.
• Demonstrates a strong desire to continue learning and grow personal capability.
• Pursues, recommends and implements new approaches or processes to improve laboratory operations.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Master’s degree in Biochemistry or Biotechnology with laboratory experience of around 4 years, at least. Laboratory experience must include Chromatography-based techniques, electrophoresis, colorimetric assays, ELISA etc. Familiarity with protein characterization methods is desirable. Testing experience in the area of vaccines is desirable. Should have knowledge of basic techniques and procedures in biochemistry lab, calibrating and operating common analytical instruments, qualification of instruments, basic trouble shooting etc.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Capability of interpreting results and deriving appropriate conclusion is essential. Experience in QC activity for testing especially to follow GLP processes and documentation is desirable. The candidate must take personal responsibility to ensure work is delivered on time at the highest possible quality. Ability to anticipate, trouble shoot, and solve technical problems. Strong communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written, and experience in working in the pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology industry strongly preferred.
Experience: min. 4 years
Location: Hyderabad / secunderabad -India
Education: M.Pharm, M.Sc
Industry Type: Pharma/ Healthcare/ Clinical research
Functional Area: QA
Job ID: 10891
End Date: 2nd July,2012
To Apply, Click here
See All Other Jobs in our Database
PLEASE NOTIFY THAT THIS JOB IS EXPIRED.
FIND LATEST JOBS BY CLICKING LINKS BELOW.