You are hereCareer as Sr. Scientist I - Vaccine in United States Pharmacopeia India
Career as Sr. Scientist I - Vaccine in United States Pharmacopeia India
The United States Pharmacopeia (USP) is a non–governmental, official public standards–setting authority for prescription and over–the–counter medicines and other healthcare products manufactured or sold in the United States. USP also sets widely recognized standards for food ingredients and dietary supplements. USP sets standards for the quality, purity, strength, and consistency of these products–critical to the public health. USP's standards are recognized and used in more than 130 countries around the globe. These standards have helped to ensure public health throughout the world for close to 200 years.
Post: Sr. Scientist I – Vaccine
Function of the Position:
This is a hands-on as well as supervisory position in USP-India’s Vaccine Group in Biologics and Biotechnology Department. In this role, the scientist delivers sustained contributions that result in innovative product and process technologies for USP. The Scientist will contribute to the scientific expertise and work ethic of the laboratory through a broad range of technical knowledge. The person will be responsible for all activities carried out in the biochemical and chromatographical analysis of vaccines in Biologics and Biotechnology. A senior Scientist is expected to have thorough knowledge of all the basic and advanced techniques and is able to contribute their own observations and inputs into challenging projects. The Scientist shall invest ~80% of their work at the bench level depending on the size of the group.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Assists the group leader in implementing and evaluating laboratory procedures and systems.
• Demonstrates strong skill in laboratory methods in the areas of bioassays and immunoassays.
• Can conduct lab test procedures with minimal supervision and errors and can interpret results correctly.
• Reviews, and evaluates scientific literature in the relevant technical area.
• Drafts project testing plans and reports for review.
• Assists in purchase of laboratory equipment and lab management.
• Troubleshoots instrumentation within the area of expertise.
• Recommends improvements to methods and processes.
• Actively engages overall project and ensures own work in aligned with overarching goals and priorities.
• Executes all testing / analysis, and records experimental data, ensuring clear and accurate transcription of results and calculations.
• Routinely applies personal experience, academic training, and technical insights to solve complex problems in the laboratory.
• Attends group and project meetings.
• Demonstrates a strong desire to continue learning and grow personal capability.
• Pursues, recommends and implements new approaches or processes to improve laboratory operations.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Ph.D/Master’s degree with not less than 6 years of relevant laboratory experience with Vaccines, especially viral, polysaccharide and multivalent vaccines. Laboratory experience must include all techniques used for vaccine analysis apart from basic laboratory techniques/procedures. Experience in molecular biology techniques is desired. Must have strong knowledge and experience in the method development, qualification, validation of biochemistry test procedures. Knowledge and experience in qualification, calibration and maintenance of analytical instruments is highly desired. The candidate should have experience in managing the functioning as well as maintenance of lab.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Experience working in biotechnology industry strongly preferred. Experience in an IAO/cGMP environment is desirable. Good understanding of chromatographic techniques and overall concepts in biochemistry. The candidate must take personal responsibility to ensure work is delivered on time and is the highest possible quality. Ability to anticipate, troubleshoot, and solve technical problems. Strong communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
Experience: min. 6 years
Location: Hyderabad / secunderabad -India
Education: M.Pharm, M.Sc, Ph.d
Industry Type: Pharma/ Healthcare/ Clinical research
Functional Area: QA
Job ID: 10895
End Date: 2nd July,2012
To Apply, Click here
See All Other Jobs in our Database
PLEASE NOTIFY THAT THIS JOB IS EXPIRED.
FIND LATEST JOBS BY CLICKING LINKS BELOW.