You are herePosition of a Senior Research Fellow to Work on the CSIR Sponsored Organic Synthesis Project in ILS
Position of a Senior Research Fellow to Work on the CSIR Sponsored Organic Synthesis Project in ILS
An Associate Institute of the University of Hyderabad, the Institute of Life Sciences (ILS) is a not-for-profit institute that aims to conduct innovative research in unifying areas of chemistry, biology and chemical biology. Our goal is to create and foster a research culture where chemists and biologists work together to generate original ideas, and generate experimental data which can lead to novel therapies for human disease and an improvement in quality of life. Training future generations of scientists working at the interface.
Post: Senior Research Fellow
Emoluments: Rs.18000/- (fixed per month) inclusive all benefits.
Responsibilities: The selected candidate must be responsible for
1. Design and development of appropriate synthetic methods to obtain the designed small molecules to be tested in relevant pharmacological assays.
2. Isolation, purification and characterization of products.
3. Assisting supervisor in all research activities
4. Maintenance of chemicals and consumables
4. Documentation, preparing reports, and presentations etc.
1. M.Sc in Organic Chemistry with NET/GATE and at least 2 years of academic/ industrial/ research experience.
2. The candidate should be organized, meticulous and have in-depth knowledge and skill in organic synthesis and adequate experience in analyzing spectral data.
3. Working knowledge with MS Office products is essential, while prior knowledge of structure-drawing packages like ISIS/Chemdraw/ChemSketch are highly desirable.
4. The candidate should be willing to work in a team environment
Duration: The duration of the fellowship is initially for one year, extendable to two more years based on the satisfactory performance of the candidate in the first year.
No claim shall be made by the candidate for the extrapolation of this work into PhD program now or later.
Interested candidates should send their curriculum vitae with a cover letter via e-mail to email@example.com before Saturday, 6th August, 2012. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview during third week of August, 2012 at the Institute of Life Sciences, University of Hyderabad Campus, Gachibowli, Hyderabad. The exact time/date of interview will be intimated to the shortlisted candidates shortly.
The qualifying candidate will be required to start working on the project within one week from the date of selection.
No TA/DA will be paid to participate in the interview process or to join the institute.
Applications are invited for the following Research Associate position to work on the CSIR funded project, “An Orthogonal Synthesis of Isoquinoline and Isoindole-3-carboxylic esters. Application to Total Synthesis of Natural Products Bhimamycins C and D”.
See All Other Jobs in our Database
PLEASE NOTIFY THAT THIS JOB IS EXPIRED.
FIND LATEST JOBS BY CLICKING LINKS BELOW.
FIND LATEST JOBS