Registrations have started for Protein Modeling & Rational Drug Design (PRD)
Protein Modeling & Rational Drug Design involves the design and optimization of small molecules from the ideal case, where a protein structure is available, to the other extreme where only a small collection of 'hits' from high throughput screening can be utilized.
1. Generating a 3D structure of a protein form its amino acid sequence using Homology Modeling or Modeler or Seqfold.
2. Computational approaches to the Drug Discovery & Design process using approaches such as Lead Generation and Lead Optimization by using Structure Based Drug Design techniques (Protein, Ligand Interactions) using tools such as Affinity, Ligand Fit, and Autodock.
3. Analogue Based Drug Design (QSAR) for Lead Optimization using techniques such as MFA & RSA.
4. Pharmacophore Generation.
5. The breadth of innovative techniques of Drug Discovery & Design allows you to efficiently use information from all possible sources on your therapeutic target.
bioCampushas learning facilities for bioinformatics & cheminformatics, which is unmatched! Some of them are listed below:
1. The only IN-SILICO lab in India having SGI O2s and Octanes along with SGI Origin 2100 Server, giving you a super-computing and a real research environment to work.
2. The Linux Enterprise lab having 20 DELL & HP Linux Work servers giving you a high-end graphics and computational capabilities.
3. Complete suite of ACCELRYS software, including Discovery Studio, INSIGHT II, Cerius2, Catalyst, Modeller, etc.
4. Classroom with LCD projector for theory sessions.
5. Experienced and In-house faculty.
6. Exclusive & Exhaustive Course Material provided by bioCampus to enhance your knowledge base.
7. Exclusive tie-up for training in INDIA with ACCELRYS INC., USA. (www.accelrys.com) on their products.
8. Curriculum is INDUSTRY Oriented and the project is RESEARCH oriented giving the scope of going for thesis work further.
9. ACCELRYS LEVEL II certification for participants of the above course.
10. Accelrys tools are used by world's top organizations like ASTRA ZENECA, RANBAXY, Zydus Cadila, Pfizer, Dupont, Bayer, GSK, Monsanto, etc.
Opportunities in Bioinformatics:
1. bioCampus students are eligible for the recruitments held in Informatics- GVK Biosciences Private Limited.
2. GVK Biosciences Pvt. Ltd.has recruited more than 900 students in Informatics division from bioCampus.
3. Our students are finding opportunities in Pfizer, Orchid Pharma, Krebbs, IISc-Bangalore, Avestha Gengraine, Zydus Cadila, CCMB, California Digital (CDC-Linux), University of Hyderabad, IBSS, Frontier Life Sciences, Osmania University, Shanta Biotech, Bharat Biotech, bioServe, ANGRAU, Macrotek, etc. to name a few.
4. Students who have found opportunities abroad are doing very well and have acknowledged the benefits of this course.
5. This type of expertise is required in a number of pharmaceutical companies that develop new drugs by either lead generation or lead optimization.
6. Most of the biotech companies that are in the lime light of Genomic & Proteomic studies and vaccine preparation also require these studies.
* Based on the student’s performance & requirement.
Please mail/ call us at 040-67366314/ 67366209 for further clarifications.
GVK Biosciences Private Limited
Plot No: 79 | Nacharam | IDA Mallapur| Hyderabad - 500076
Landmark: Near Mallapur Manikchand Circle
Contact us: 040-67366314/ 67366209