You are hereThe Dr. Manmohan Singh Scholarships 2012 for Doctoral Studies at St. John's College, University of Cambridge
The Dr. Manmohan Singh Scholarships 2012 for Doctoral Studies at St. John's College, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge is one of the world's oldest universities and leading academic centres, and a self-governed community of scholars. Cambridge comprises 31 Colleges and over 150 departments, faculties, schools and other institutions.
Dr Manmohan Singh, the Prime Minister of India, is a graduate and Honorary Fellow of St John’s College. He is widely acknowledged as the architect of the economic reforms that have helped propel India onto the World Stage. In honour of Dr Singh St John’s College, the University of Cambridge launched the Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarships in Delhi in 2007. These awards will enable academically outstanding Indian students to come to St. John’s College, University of Cambridge to study for doctoral degrees in subjects like Science & Technology, Economics and Social Sciences.
Applications in Aerospace Engineering and Energy Studies will be of particular interest
The applicant should be:
• An Indian national with a valid Indian passport and currently based in India
• Below 35 years of age as on 31 December 2011
• Not already had significant exposure to UK education or received UK government funding.
• Should hold a Master’s (postgraduate) degree from a reputed/recognised • India university/institution with a First Class award (UG and PG) in the relevant subject/field
• Evidence of leadership qualities (to be assessed from personal statements e.g. extracurricular activities and/or evidence of having made a difference to the country/society/participation in symposia in the relevant subject, or peer reviewed publication in the area.)
• Keen to pursue and should have identified a full time Doctoral Research degree from the University of Cambridge commencing by September/October 2012
• F luent in spoken and written English
• Able to fulfil any other admission criteria laid down by the university.
Value of the Award
The scholarships are fully funded:
• Academic fees
• International airfare
• Monthly stipend to cover living expenses
• UK Visa
FIND MORE INFORMATION ON NEXT PAGE...