Applications are Invited for Ph.D Program in Different Areas of Pharmaceutical & Life Sciences @ CDRI
CDRI is a pioneer research organization in the field of biomedical research in India. It has the infrastructure and expertise to develop a drug right from the concept stage to the market. The institute’s latest techniques and services are employed for developing drugs, diagnostics and vaccines to combat diseases prevalent among mankind in general and Indian population in particular. Since its establishment, on 17th Feb. 1951, the institute has provided leadership on all fronts of drug R&D, namely, development of new molecules, novel products, cost-effective indigenous process know how for institute’s candidate drugs and generic drugs/drug intermediates, quality research manpower and trainings in use of sophisticated tools and techniques in drug research. Several of the institute products and process know how have been successfully commercialized leading to treatment of diseases, products availability for indigenous and international markets and generation of foreign exchange. Besides, the Institute has played a critical role in putting the country on the international scene in drug R&D.
CDRI trains a large number of students and has a robust Ph.D. program in different areas of Life sciences/Biotechnology/Chemical/Pharmaceutical sciences, directed towards new drug development. CDRI provides a vibrant academic atmosphere enabling inter-disciplinary and cross-disciplinary areas of research to flourish. The R & D divisions of CDRI where students can pursue their Ph. D. studies are as follows :
• Clinical & Experimental Medicine
• Drug Target Discovery & Development
• Fermentation Technology
• Medicinal & Process Chemistry Division
• Molecular & Structural Biology
• Pharmacokinetics & Metabolism
Thrust areas of research and their objectives are:
• Malaria and other Parasitic Diseases
• Reproductive Health Research, Diabetes & Energy Metabolism
• Tuberculosis and Microbial Infections
• CVS, CNS and Related Disorders
• Cancer and Related Areas
• Safety & Clinical Development
• Excellent synthetic organic chemistry/medicinal chemistry group contributes to all the above research areas in CDRI
The PhD program at CDRI consists of flexible course work, followed by advanced research leading to a PhD thesis on a specific topic. The PhD program is normally completed in 4-5 years.
GO TO NEXT PAGE FOR MORE INFO...