Opportunity to work at World Health Organisation for Biomedical science graduates
WHO India Country Office collaborates with the Government of India and relevant stakeholders within the framework of the collaborative Country Cooperation Strategy (CCS), to actively support the development and implementation of national health policies, strategies and plans in the area of Health financing and Health systems strengthening.
Post : Reports Officer
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME :
To provide quality assurance of scientific, technical and advocacy information related to health; to establish mechanisms to screen and process publications in line with WHO policies; to establish styles, standards and guidelines for the preparation and production of health information materials; and to advise SEAR professional staff and Member States on the production of high quality information materials.
Job Description :
Under the guidance of the Director, Health Systems Development (HSD), the incumbent will:
1. Elaborate and monitor the workplan of the Reports and Documents Unit;
2. Assume primary responsibility to edit, revise, rewrite and otherwise review a variety of reports, books, publications and other materials, in print or electronic format, which may be complex and highly technical in nature, or for advocacy/fund raising purposes;
3. Organize in-house and contractual editing and processing of reports, books, publications and other documents for their design, layout and presentation;
4. Advise South-East Asia Region (SEAR) officials on publishing policies, principles and procedures related to the preparation of documents;
5. Manage the Reports and Documents Unit team, including planning and supervising the work of the Editorial Services, Text Processing and Designing units;
6. Act as Secretary to the Publishing Policy and Procedures Committee;
7. Assure the editorial quality of all documentation for the Regional Committee and other high-level meetings (including the High-level Preparatory Meeting for the Regional Committee); coordinating, editing and collating the work of the report writers and editorial assistants at sessions of high-level meetings; editing, Regional Committee resolutions; and editing the final reports of the Regional Committee and other high-level meetings.
8. Any other related duties as assigned.
Candidate Profile :
Essential: An advanced university degree in English literature, journalism, publishing or a closely related subject.
Desirable: A university degree in a biomedical science.
Skills:Functional Skills and Knowledge: Excellent linguistic skills (writing, editing, proofreading) in English; knowledge of publishing practices and computer applications related to document processing. Competencies:
1) Producing results
3) Ensuring the effective use of resources
5) Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Find More Info Go to Next Page...