Conference on IPR in Pharmaceuticals: Balancing Innovation and Access by ASSOCHAM - Register to attend for free
The Indian patents (amendment) Act, 2005 introduced product patents in India and marked the beginning of a new patent regime aimed at protecting the intellectual property rights of patent holders. The amendment aimed to address issues like global competition, high innovation risks, short product cycle, need for rapid changes in technology, high investments in R&D, etc which are essential for changing trade environment in terms of production and marketing.
India is slowly moving into global markets and competing with international quality standards and prices. The key to acquire newer market for Indian pharmaceutical companies would be the exponential growth in R&D expenditure backed by strong IPR. It is obvious that the implementation of the IPR can be effective only if we have a good supportive structure for granting patent in shortest possible time.
With this background, ASSOCHAM in association with Department of Pharmaceuticals, Government of India, is organizing a Conference on “IPR in Pharmaceuticals: Balancing Innovation & Access” on October 7,2015 at Hotel Pride, Ahmedabad, Gujarat with the objective to converge all the stakeholders at a common platform for reaching to the sustainable solutions.
Shri Hansraj Gangaram Ahir, Hon’ble Minister of State, Ministry of Chemical & Fertilizers has given his confirmation for inaugurating this Conference.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Prof. Kiran Kalia, Director, NIPER Ahmedabad
- Shri. P. K. Pandey, Assistant Registrar of Trade Marks Registry,Ahmedabad
- Ms. Akanksha Jumde, GUJCOST IPR Chair Research Associate, Gujarat National Law University.
- Ms. Bhagyesh Soni, Chairperson, Western Region, ASSOCHAM
- Mr. Karan Chechi, Director, Tech Sci Research
- Dr. Rajeshkumar Acharya, Proprietor, H K Acharya & Company
- Mr. Deepak Padia, Managing Director, Osho Pharma Pvt Ltd
- Mr. Bharat Desai, Managing Director, Bharat Parenterals Ltd
Registration Fees: Free
07th October, 2015
Venue: Hotel Pride, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
Nakul Prakash Lakhe.
See All Other Jobs in our Database