The National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education & Research (NIPER), SAS Nagar is an autonomous Institute of National importance set up by the Government of India, Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers by an Act of Parliament, to impart higher education and undertake advanced research in the field of Pharmaceutical sciences, technology and management.
Post : Research Associate-I
Applications are invited from eligible Indian nationals for one position of Research Associate-I under a project entitled “Evaluation of the Effects of Pharmacological Interventions Targeting Transient Receptor Potential Canonical TRPC5 Channels on Cognitive functions, Memory-related Proteins and Hippocampal Damage in Cognitive Impairment Models” sponsored by Cognitive Science Research Initiative, DST, Ministry of Science and Technology, GoI, New Delhi [GP-466] under Prof. Shyam Sunder Sharma, Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, NIPER-SAS Nagar. The position is purely on temporary basis initially for a period of 1 (one) year (extendable on yearly basis on the performance of the candidate for a maximum period of two years and six months) and is co-terminus with the duration of the project.
Essential Qualifications : Ph.D. (Pharmacology & Toxicology /Neuroscience or related area) or three years of research/teaching experience after M. Pharm./M.S. (Pharm.) in Pharmacology & Toxicology. Candidate must have at least one research paper in a science citation indexed (SCI) journal. Candidates who have submitted their PhD thesis in the above subjects will also be eligible (along with proof of submission) to apply.
Desired Experience : Experience in performing stereotaxic surgeries in rats and working with models of neurodegeneration and assessment of cognitive impairment in rats. Prior experience in cell culture, molecular biology, electrophysiology and animal behavior is required.
Age limit : Not more than 40 years as on the last date of receipt of applications.
Fellowship : Rs. 47,000/- plus HRA, if applicable as Per DST Norms.
Tenure of the position : The above position is purely on temporary basis initially for a period of 1 (one) year (extendable on yearly basis on the performance of the candidate for a maximum period of two years and six months) and is co-terminus with the duration of the project.
The candidate(s) who fulfil the eligibility criteria should send the duly filled application form in the prescribed proforma along with attested copies of testimonials / degrees / certificates etc. in support of the averments made in the qualification, experience and other columns in the application form to ‘’The Registrar, National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER), Sector- 67, SAS Nagar – 160062 (Punjab)” on or before 20.09.2023 (Wednesday). Latest passport size photograph and the proof of payment of prescribed fee as detailed below payable through NEFT in the Institute’s Bank is also to be attached. Scanned copy of application form along with all attachments (in .pdf format) is required to be send at email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20.09.2023 (Wednesday).
Application fee for Unreserved and OBC category : Rs.500/-
Application fee for SC/ST/PWD/female candidate : NIL
Details of the Institute’s Bank are :
Account Name : Director, NIPER, SAS Nagar.
Name of the Bank : State Bank of India, SCF No.32, Phase -X, Sector- 64 SAS Nagar-160062
Bank Account No .: 55034549623
IFSC Code : SBIN0004421
• Application form can be submitted through Speed Post/Registered Post/Courier/By Hand on or before 20.09.2023 (Wednesday).
• Candidates are required to attach the valid proof of deposit of the prescribed application fee, wherever applicable, with the application form. The application form received without valid proof of deposit of the prescribed application fee will be summarily rejected and no representation/request shall be entertained in this regard.
• Candidates shall have to produce original testimonials, if selected, failing which the offer will stand cancelled. The original certificates / degree etc of the candidate(s) are subject to verification before joining, in case of selection.
• Candidates with incomplete application or without relevant supporting enclosures (i.e. self attested copies of degree / certificates / marks sheets / experience certificate / reprint of important publications, without photographs, signatures and prescribed fee) will not be interviewed.
• Age relaxation for SC / ST / OBC / PWD etc. will be as per the Government of India rules. The candidates are required to attach valid proof for claiming relaxation as per the guidelines prescribed by the Government of India from time to time.
• In exceptionally meritorious cases or under special circumstances, the eligibility requirements of age, educational qualification and experience for the position may be relaxed.
• The process of selection may include presentation / interview or any other process as decided by the Competent Authority.
• The Institute reserves the right to withdraw advertised post at any time without assigning any reason. Institute also reserves the right to fill or not to fill post and its decision in this regard shall be final.
• CANVASSING IN ANY FORM MAY LEAD TO CANCELLATION OF CANDIDATURE
The interviews will be held in virtual (online) mode on 26.09.2023 (Tuesday). Link of the same will be shared to the candidates through e-mail.
Only eligible Indian nationals should appear for the virtual interviews.
See All Other Jobs in our Database