Sitaram Jindal Foundation invites Scholarship (Open throughout the Year)
The Sitaram Jindal Foundation (SJF), formerly known as S J Jindal Trust, established in 1969 is a charitable organization with the humanitarian objective of serving the poor and downtrodden in various fields. True to the inspiring ideals and values of its Chief Architect & Patron, Dr. Sitaram Jindal, the Foundation has been promoting and providing basic needs of the people across various sections of the society in different fields including education, healthcare and rural development without discrimination of caste and creed. The foundation has setup several schools, colleges, hospitals and constructed many pathshalas (rural schools) apart from initiating and running many welfare schemes and vocational courses for the benefit of the poor and deprived. Besides awarding scholarships to more than 12000 students each year, the Foundation has been extending financial support to more than 500 charitable institutions annually to sustain their activities for over 42 years now.
CRITERIA FOR AVAILING SCHOLARSHIP (Open throughout the Year)
Category 'A' : BPL Students
1. Girl students belonging to BPL families studying in class IX to XII in a Govt. and Govt. Aided Schools.
2. Boy and Girl Students belonging to BPL families studying in Graduation and Post Graduation Courses as mentioned below in Category 'C'.
Category 'B' : ITI Students
Students studying in Govt. and Private ITIs in courses / trades as per Annexure-III Courses of duration, one year or two year shall only be eligible. Minimum percentage of marks in previous examination should be 50%. Further, students staying in hostel shall be paid extra in addition to scholarship.
Category 'C' : General Students
1. Students who have secured 70% or above in the case of girls and 75% or above in the case of boys in their last / qualifying examination including X & XII in respect of students from Karnataka and West Bengal. However, for students other than Karnataka and West Bengal the percentage of marks is minimum 60% in respect of girls and minimum 70% in respect of boys.
2. Students whose entire family income from all sources is less than Rs.2.00 lacs p.a. shall be eligible.
3. Scholarship shall be discontinued after the student crosses the age of 30.
4. Only those who study in reputed colleges on regular basis, affiliated to university of repute - UGC are eligible
Those who study through correspondence or in Part time colleges are not eligible.
Following courses shall be eligible for scholarship :
1. Students of Graduate Courses like : B.A., B.Com, B.Sc., BFA, Homeopathy, B.Pharma, BCA, BBA, BBM, Bachelor of Business Economics / Finance, B.Sc. (Agriculture), BVSC and course in Naturopathy like : BNYS. Engineering courses like : Computer Science / Engineering (IT) / (Bio-Technology), Nuclear Engineering, Industrial Environment Engineering, Plastic Technology & Petro Chemical Engineering.
2. Students of Post Graduation Courses like : M.A., M.Phil, M.Com, M.Pharma, M.Lib (Science), MBA, Master of Business Economics / Finance / Human Resources Management/ International Business / M.Sc. / MVSc, M.Sc. (Agriculture), MCA, Organic Agriculture, Solar Energy, Rural / Urban Management.
3. Students of Graduation and Post Graduation including diploma courses in the field of Environment like : Environment Scientist, Environment Engineer and Environment Journalist. Students of Graduation and Post Graduation Courses in Hospitality, Architecture, Physiotherapy, Micro Biology, Forensic Sciences and Social Work.
It is further to clarify that no Ph.D. courses are eligible for scholarship. Applications for medical including dentistry and engineering courses -degree or diploma other than mentioned above will not be entertained at all.
4. Physically Challanged or Handicap Students: Scholarship eligible for pre-university, graduation and post graduation courses.
5. Widows and unmarried wards of ex-servicemen: Scholarship eligible for graduation and post graduation courses.
6. Meritorious Students :
Students who have secured 85% or above marks in their qualifying examination shall be paid additional amount for graduation and post graduation courses.
Students staying in hostel owned by the institution and pursuing graduation and post graduation courses shall be paid extra in addition to the scholarship amount.
Get More Jobs on NEXT PAGE...