Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee inviting for Ph.D. programmes
Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee invites the applications on the prescribed form for the following posts as per details given against each. The application form and general conditions may be obtained from Superintendent, Establishment ‘B’ Section, IIT Roorkee.
The Institute will be admitting candidates to Ph.D. programmes in various departments for the Spring Semester and applications are invited for admission to full-time / part- time Ph. D. programmes in the following departments/Centres:
(1) Alternate Hydro-Energy Centre, Architecture and Planning, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Computer Engineering, Hydrology, Mechanical & Industrial Engineering, Metallurgical & Materials Engineering, Paper Technology, and Water Resources and Management (2) Biotechnology, Chemistry, Earth Sciences, Mathematics and Physics. (3) Humanities & Social Sciences and Management Studies.
(II) Centres of Execellence: (1) Centre for Transportation Systems (2) Centre for Disaster Mitigation and Management (3) Centre for Nanotechnology.
(III) Institute Instrumentation Centre
1. Eligibility & Minimum Qualifications : An applicant possessing the following qualifications in appropriate area shall be eligible to apply for admission to Ph.D. programmes of the Institute:
(a) Master's degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture/ Urban & Rural Planning / Pharmacy / Computer Applications of 3 years duration after graduation in respective discipline or equivalent with a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 6.00 on a 10 point scale or equivalent as determined by the Institute wherever letter grades are awarded; or 60% marks in aggregate
(of all the years/semesters) where marks are awarded. Such candidates should have qualified GATE prior to admission to M.Tech/ M.Arch or thereafter (GATE score may or may not be valid) or UGC/CSIR NET wherever applicable.This condition shall not be applicable to Sponsored Research Scholars/ Part-Time Research Scholars. OR
(b) Master's degree in Sciences/Humanities & Social Sciences/ Management in respective discipline or equivalent with a valid NET or valid GATE or valid GPAT score and minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 6.00 on a 10 point scale or equivalent as determined by the Institute where letter grades are awarded; or 60% marks where marks are awarded. OR
(c) B.Tech. / B.Arch. degree or equivalent in respective discipline with excellent academic record (with a minimum CGPA of 7.0 on a 10 point scale or equivalent or 70% marks) and in possession of a valid GATE score.
2. The admission eligibility requirements may be relaxed to 5.5 on a 10 point scale or equivalent, or to 55% marks to the following categories:
(a) SC/ST candidates with Master’s degree.
(b) Any category of PD (Persons with disabilities) candidate holding B.Tech. degree or equivalent degree.
(c) Academic staff of the Institute who has an experience of more than 5 years
3. Eligibility for Part-time Ph.D.
a) The applicant possesses the minimum entry qualifications for the degree as given in 1 above;
b) The applicant proves that his official duties permit him to devote sufficient time to research;
c) He / She will be required to reside at the Institute for a period of not less than 6 months during his/her registration for the degree. (This condition of minimum residence period will be automatically waived for candidates who are working in Roorkee or in Organizations / institutions located within a distance of 100 km from the Institute).
d) The facility of part time registration will also be available to all employees of the IIT Roorkee or candidates working in organizations having MoU with IITR or organizations approved by IIT Roorkee as Research Centres. Such applicants are exempted from the requirement of having valid GATE / NET / GPAT.
e) The applicants must have been in continuous service with the sponsoring organization for at least two years at the time of submitting the application form for admission.
f ) The candidates working in Institute/University awarding Ph.D. degree itself are not eligible for admission as a part-time candidate.
4. Employee seeking admission to the Ph.D. programme with minimum of two years service in an organization or confirmed regular employee may obtain and submit ‘No Objection Certificate’ from the employer to the effect that the duties allotted by the employer will allow the required time for this pursuit.
More Info Next Page...
PLEASE NOTIFY THAT THIS JOB IS EXPIRED.
FIND LATEST JOBS BY CLICKING LINKS BELOW.