Applications Invited in Central Food Technological Research Institute for the Post of Junior Research Fellow
Central Food Technological Research Institute(CFTRI), Mysore (a constituent laboratory of Council of Scientific and Industrial research, New Delhi) came into existence during 1950 with the great vision of its founders, and a network of inspiring as well as dedicated scientists who had a fascination to pursue in-depth research and development in the areas of food science and technology. the focus of the Institute has been towards low-cost effective technologies, utilisation of indigenous raw materials, bio-friendly processes with emphasis on integrated technology and high level pursuit for total technology with underpinning of food safety, health and nutrition to all sections of the population.
Post: Junior Research Fellow
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for 2 [Two] positions of Junior Research Fellow on a temporary contractual basis in Department of Bio-technology funded Grant-in-Aid Project entitled "Marine carotenoids as nutraceuticals for alleviating age related macular degeneration and retinol deficiency induced biochemical changes" (GAP-0392), tenable at Biochemistry and Nutrition Department, CFTRI, Mysore.
Essential Qualification: First Class M.Sc. in Bio-chemistry/Bio-technology, Life Sciences/Molecular Biology/Marine Biology/Fisheries/Nutrition/Chemistry with good academic records and should have been qualified for lecturership in National Eligibility Test conducted by CSIR-UGC.
Emoluments: Rs.12,000/- per month for first two years and Rs.14,000/- per month in the 3rd year plus HRA as per DBT/CSIR Rules.
Terms & Conditions:
1. Candidates should not have exceeded 28 years of age as on 18-11-2011, i.e. the last date of receipt of applications for the post.
2. The engagement of JRFs are exclusively for the above mentioned project.
3. The engagement will be contractual and on purely temporary basis in the project funded by DBT, Govt. of India for a maximum period of three years and is co-terminus with the project, if the project terminates earlier.
4. The engagement under externally funded project does not confer any right/ claim whatsoever either explicitly or implicitly on the appointee for regular appointment in CSIR/ CFTRI, against any post or otherwise under any legal conditions or precedent.
5. No TA/DA will be given to the candidates for attending the interview.
Eligible candidates may send their complete Bio-data with e-mail address/contact phone number along with attested copies of the necessary certificates to Dr. V. Baskaran, Senior Principal Scientist, Biochemistry & Nutrition Department, CFTRI, Mysore – 570 020 (email:firstname.lastname@example.org) on or before 18-11-2011.
Applications received after the due date (i.e., 18-11-2011) will be summarily rejected. The short-listed candidates will be informed about the date of interview and the venue through e-mail/post.
CANVASSING IN ANY FORM AND / OR BRINGING IN ANY INFLUENCE, POLITICAL OR OTHERWISE WILL BE TREATED AS A DISQUALIFICATION FOR THE POST APPLIED FOR. INTERIM ENQUIRIES WILL NOT BE ATTENDED TO.
ADVERTISEMENT NO. REC 5/2011(JRF)
See All Other Jobs in our Database
PLEASE NOTIFY THAT THIS JOB IS EXPIRED.
FIND LATEST JOBS BY CLICKING LINKS BELOW.