TPP is a well-funded drug discovery company based in Edinburgh, Scotland, that aims to address the major unmet needs in the fields of nervous system disorders, immunology and certain areas of oncology. We aim to identify novel pre-clinical drug candidates, which will be developed through robust translational science operated via an outsourcing model. TPP is enhancing its translational capabilities by recruiting a Senior Pharmacologist to join its Translational Science Group. We are seeking a talented and highly-motivated professional who has an underlying passion for translational science. At TPP the appropriate person can make a significant impact as part of a dynamic and talented team.
• Identify the key routes to translate in vitro observations into animal studies to provide in vivo Proof of Concept/ Proof of Mechanism for novel therapeutic candidates.
• Identify efficacy markers (“biomarkers”) in animal models which may be translatable into human studies and ensure that these are appropriately examined in translational approaches.
• Significantly contribute to the interpretation of in vitro and animal in vivo studies and prepare recommendations for scientific review by TPP’s senior management and Scientific Advisory Board.
• Contribute Proof of Concept / Proof of Mechanism data elements to packages for Executive Management evaluation of potential new IND track candidates.
• Prepare executive reports on progress toward goals and achievements of milestones and translate evaluations into appropriate actions.
• Ensure that Translational Science maintains current awareness in new technology and methodology, and enhances scientific credibility of TPP through external activities and scientifically related interactions.
• Ensure that Translational Science maintains awareness of key scientific developments in TPP’s focus areas.
• PhD in cell biology / molecular biology / pharmacology with strong background in immunology / neuroscience and in vivo animal studies, with 10 years of industry experience.
• Extensive research experience in pharmacology, with a reputation for significant scientific contributions evidenced by relevant publications and / or patent list.
• Prior experience should demonstrate scientific leadership and clarity of thought, project initiation, execution, completion and collaboration.
We offer highly competitive salaries, depending on skills and experience. All employees will also benefit from enrolment in a private healthcare insurance scheme, and the option of a non-contributory, stakeholder pension scheme.
• Please submit cover letter and CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Job code PTSG must be referenced in email subject line.
• Early applications are advised as these will be reviewed on an on-going basis.
• Only those candidates whose applications are being progressed to the next stage will be contacted.
Experience: 3-8 years
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Education: M.Pharm, M.Sc, Ph.D
Industry Type: Pharma/ Biotech/Clinical Research
Functional Area: R&D
See All Other Jobs in our Database