The United States Pharmacopeia (USP) is a non–governmental, official public standards–setting authority for prescription and over–the–counter medicines and other healthcare products manufactured or sold in the United States. USP also sets widely recognized standards for food ingredients and dietary supplements. USP sets standards for the quality, purity, strength, and consistency of these products–critical to the public health. USP's standards are recognized and used in more than 130 countries around the globe. These standards have helped to ensure public health throughout the world for close to 200 years.
Post: Senior Scientist I - Cell Biology
Function of the Position:
This is a hands-on as well as supervisory position in USP-India’s Biologics and Biotechnology Laboratory. In this role, the scientist delivers sustained contributions that result in innovative product and process technologies for USP. The Scientist will contribute to the scientific expertise and work ethic of the laboratory through a broad range of technical knowledge. A senior Scientist has mastered many common techniques with the laboratory and is able to contribute their own observations and input complex to difficult projects. The Scientist may execute 60% -90% of their work at the bench level depending on the size of the group.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Assists Director in planning, implementing and evaluating laboratory procedures/systems on assigned projects.
• Demonstrates strong skill and expertise in laboratory methods in the areas of bioassays and immuno assays.
• Organizes and plans work as per timeline and project priority
• Supervises subordinates to train, review as well as guide.
• Conducts test procedures independently with minimal errors and in a timely manner. Reviews, and evaluates scientific literature in the relevant technical area.
• Prepares project plan, reports and reviews reports as per requirement.
• Assists in evaluation, choice and purchase of lab equipments.
• Carries out lab management activities with the help of subordinates
• Troubleshoots instrumentation within area of expertise.
• Recommends improvements to methods and processes.
• Seeks out innovative ways to apply knowledge or skills to improve protocols and results.
• Actively engages overall project, and ensures own work is aligned with overarching goals.
• Performs peer review of data.
• Executes all testing and analysis and records experimental data, ensuring clear and accurate transcription of results and calculations.
• Routinely applies personal experience, academic training, and technical insights to solve complex problems in the laboratory.
• Attends scientific seminars as appropriate.
• Demonstrates a strong desire to continue learning and grow personal capability.
• Pursues, recommends and implements new approaches or processes to improve laboratory operations.
• Performs additional duties as assigned.
Ph.D/Master’s degree with not less than 6 years of relevant laboratory experience. Laboratory experience must include cell culture techniques, bioassay methods, techniques for cell staining and counting, ELISA, Flow cytometry. Must have good experience in the qualification and validation of bioassays. The candidate should have experience in managing of the functioning and maintenance of cell culture lab. The candidate should have strong knowledge and experience in handling all cell culture-related instruments (Plate reader, cell counter, incubators, centrifuges, microscope, pipettes etc. Basic knowledge in protein estimation is expected.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Experience in an IAO/cGMP environment is desirable. Understanding and knowledge of general biochemistry and molecular biology techniques is desirable. The candidate must take personal responsibility to ensure work is delivered on time and is the highest possible quality. Ability to anticipate, troubleshoots, and solves technical problems. Strong communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written. Experience working in biotechnology industry strongly preferred.
Experience: min. 6 years
Location: Hyderabad, Secunderabad
Industry Type: Pharma/ Healthcare/ Clinical research
Functional Area: R&D
See All Other Jobs in our Database