Career in Abbott India as Head R&D
Abbott India Limited is a subsidiary of Abbott Laboratories, USA, a global, iversified health care company devoted to the discovery, development, manufacture and marketing of pharmaceutical, diagnostic, nutritional and hospital products. The company now employs approximately 70,000 people and markets its products in 130 countries worldwide.
Post: Head R&D
The primary role of this individual is to manage all aspects of Nutrition Research including Discovery, Product Development & Clinical Research/Clinical Operations for Abbott Nutrition Research & Development (ANRD) in India. He/She will be responsible for guiding Discovery, Product Development and Clinical Research/Nutrition Science teams on priority projects. This person will be a primary liaison between Abbott Nutrition and its research partner(s).
This position requires an exceptional leader with superior organizational and communication skills acting as the primary interface between R&D and all internal and external stakeholders. The individual will supervise all programs in India while maintaining organizational priority.
The Head of Research & Development will support research, manufacturing and clinical testing of clinical, sensory and commercial products destined for within and outside India. This individual will ensure accomplishment of development success criteria by execution of project work through use of accepted documentation and work processes.Key Accountability:
- Provide overall management and leadership to ANRD India and develop India R&D strategy, budgets, and ensuring complete integration of business and R&D plans and activities.
- Must have strong network of India based industry, CRO and university/lab contacts and relationships.
- Liaise between India R&D team with internal R&D (regional and global) teams and Abbott Nutrition India departments (medical marketing, sales, marketing, finance, regulatory affairs, distribution/supply chain, QA./QC). In partnership with Affiliate medical marketing, develop strategic partnerships and build relationship and collaboration with India industry, health authorities and KOLs.
- Interface and integrate with the innovation team of Abbott Nutrition India on their insights and idea generation activities, working collaboratively to define projects.
- Manage execution of projects to ensure delivery to both India and the global markets.
- Provide insights of India competitive R&D environment, competitive information (such as industry movement, regulatory insights, clinical).
- Lead R&D coordination of strategic partner relations, licensing and contract management in India and provide leadership in new technologies scouting from India for in-country application as well as potential regional and global applications.
PhD in Clinical Science/Food Science/Dairy Technology/Nutrition or related field with 12-20 years of experience and proven track records of leading R&D team, strategy development/implementation and product launches.
Demonstrated oversight of program management and budget administration ability are required, ideally with a global multinational company. US and/or Europe based exposure -- either via education/research or work experience is desirable.
Knowledge and experience of nutritional products is a plus. Excellent communication and strong leadership skills are required. The candidate is expected to represent ANRD India to senior executives during planning and budget reviews
Site Location: Mumbai
See All Other Jobs in our Database
PLEASE NOTIFY THAT THIS JOB IS EXPIRED.
FIND LATEST JOBS BY CLICKING LINKS BELOW.