Career for Research Associate in Piramal Lifesciences
Piramal Life Sciences Limited (PLSL) is an independent research-driven drug company that was recently demerged from Piramal Healthcare Limited (Formerly known as Nicholas Piramal India Limited). PLSL was formerly the NCE R&D division of NPIL. PLSL has state-of-the-art R&D laboratories built over 200,000 square-feet of space in Mumbai, India and over 300 scientists engaged in drug discovery and development.
Post: Research Associate
* Execute preclinical in-vivo efficacy studies to evaluate the efficacy of compounds in animal models of diabetes / metabolic disorders.
* Laboratory animal handling, drug administration, blood collection and other routine lab animal management practices.
* Harvest and process tissue samples for ex-vivo analysis.
* Analysis of biological samples for biochemical parameters using ELISA and other assays.
* Operation and maintenance of automated biochemistry analyzer and other instruments required in animal experimentation.
* Record and enter experimental data in appropriate location. Maintain laboratory notebooks/journals and appropriate data files.
* Should know to perform literature searches and provide scientific inputs to the team.
* The candidate will be a part of team involved in preclinical evaluation of novel drug molecules for their efficacy.
* He/she will plan and execute in-vivo experiments, analyze biological samples for biochemical parameters.
* Ability to plan and execute in-vivo experiments.
* Experience of surgical techniques in lab animals.
* Knowledge of pathophysiology of diabetes/metabolic disorder.
* Proficient in operating computers (MS-Office software).
* The candidate must have good interpersonal and problem solving skills and must be organized, detail-oriented and punctual with regard to data collection and analysis.
Experience: 0-2 Years
Location: Goregaon, Mumbai
Education: M.Pharm (pharmacology) / MVSc (pharmacology)
Industry Type: Pharma/ Biotech/Clinical Research
Functional Area: R&D
Job Code: RA-Diabetes-001
End Date: 15th March., 2013
Interested candidates may send us CVs by 15th March, 2013.
Applications may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The subject line may read 'Application for RA/Diabetes/Pharmacology-001'.
See All Other Jobs in our Database
PLEASE NOTIFY THAT THIS JOB IS EXPIRED.
FIND LATEST JOBS BY CLICKING LINKS BELOW.