Opening in an autonomous institute of Government of India -THSTI for PG in Pharmacy & Lifesciences as SRF & JRF | Total 9 Posts
The Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology (Government of India) has established the Translational Health Science and Technology Institute (THSTI), an autonomous institution, as a part of the interdisciplinary Health Biotech Science Cluster, in the National Capital Region. The institution is designed to be a dynamic and interactive organization with a mission to conduct innovative translational research and develop research collaborations across disciplines and professions to accelerate the extension of concepts to the improvement of human health.
THSTI has set up niche centres of research in a number of interface areas relevant to translational research namely, Vaccine and Infectious Disease Research Center (VIDRC), Pediatric Biology Center (PBC) and Centre for Biodesign (CBD). To further its mission THSTI is looking for highly motivated faculty with expertise in relevant areas.
Post: SRF (3-posts) & JRF (6-posts)
Vaccine and Infectious Disease Research Center (VIDRC) has a mission to study infectious disease and pathogens and understand host-pathogen interactions at the molecular and cellular level with an aim to generate translational knowledge for developing prophylactic and therapeutic measures against diseases prevalent in India.
Pediatric Biology Center (PBC) will conduct hypothesis driven research on the biological basis of childhood health and diseases. The generated knowledge will be incorporated in THSTI institutional networks developing diagnostic and therapeutic modalities.
Centre for Bio design (CBD) will promote strategic basic research and an effective translational route of science into development of novel technology platforms, implants, devices, diagnostics and imaging. It will support a multidisciplinary approach of combining novel technological concepts and clinical expertise
Applications are invited for the post of Sr. Research Fellow (SRF) and Jr. Research Fellow (JRF) from suitable candidates for various projects under THSTI:
SRF: Post Graduate Degree in Life Sciences with 2 years research experience.
JRF: Post Graduate Degree in Life Sciences / Pharmacology / Chemistry.
SRF- Rs. 18,000 + HRA(for 1st and 2nd year); 20,000 + HRA (for 3rd year)
JRF- Rs. 16,000 + HRA(for 1st and 2nd year); 18,000 + HRA (for 3rd year)
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS:
1. Appointment will be made on a contract for a period of 1 year at a time with a possibility of extension on satisfactory performance review. There will be an initial probation period of 6 months that may be extended at the discretion of the competent Authority.
2. Interested candidates may apply to the Administrative Officer, Translational Health Science and Technology Institute, 496, Udyog Vihar Phase-III, Gurgaon, Haryana-122016 on a plain paper in the attached format duly enclosing the relevant certificates. Information can also be obtained personally from the institute on telephone no. 0124-2876300.
3. Individual applications must be submitted for different positions.
4. Last date for receipt of applications will be 9th April, 2012.
5. All educational Professional and Technical qualification should be from a recognized Board/University.
6. The experience requirement specified shall be experience acquired after obtaining the minimum educational qualifications required for the post.
7. Persons working in Govt. or Public Sector undertaking should apply through proper channel or produce ‘No Objection Certificate’ at the time of Interview.
8. Incomplete applications will stand summarily rejected.
9. In case a large number of applications are received for each post, screening will be done to limit the number of candidates to those possessing higher/relevant qualification.
10. Interview will be held on 27th April, 2012. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview. The list of shortlisted candidates will be available on the THSTI website on 13th April, 2012. No separate intimation will be sent to the candidates.
11. Outstation SC/ST candidates called for the interview will be paid to & fro second class railway fare, as per Govt. of India rules on production of the proof of the same.
12. Number of positions filled will be as per the need and availability of the suitable candidates.
13. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
14. The final result of the selection will be published on THSTI website or before 1st May, 2012.
TRANSLATIONAL HEALTH SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY INSTITUTE
(An autonomous institute of the department of biotechnology, Govt. of India)
496, Udyog Vihar Phase III, Gurgaon – 122 016
See All Other Jobs in our Database
PLEASE NOTIFY THAT THIS JOB IS EXPIRED.
FIND LATEST JOBS BY CLICKING LINKS BELOW.