Career as Scientist & Senior Scientist in Translational Health Science and Technology Institute an initiative of Department of Biotechnology, Government of India and International AIDS Vaccine Initiative
Translational Health Science and Technology Institute (THSTI) an initiative of Department of Biotechnology, Government of India and International AIDS Vaccine Initiative (IAVI), USA are seeking Principal Investigators for their new joint collaborative program to accelerate and advance HIV vaccine research and development. The program shall be an integral part of the THSTI cluster of research centers and will be closely linked to global network of R&D facilities, including IAVIs Neutralizing Antibody Consortium (NAC) and IAVI Design and Development lab, situated in Brooklyn, New York. The Design Lab examines novel AIDS vaccine platforms and immunogens, standardizes preclinical testing of AIDS vaccine candidates, and develops candidates for evaluation in clinical trials.
It would be an innovative discovery program and will be directed at designing, testing and implementing highthroughput (HT) strategies for HIV-1 envelope-based immunogen screening and prioritization to help discover and advance novel HIV vaccine candidates. The program is targeted to expand the number of vaccine candidates for testing, and enhance the speed with which they can be assayed. The unique industrial-type high-throughput vaccine design, screening and selection processes proposed will be largely facilitated by interdisciplinary interaction and thus driven by principles of international collaboration, high-quality science and vaccine-oriented applied research.
Post: Scientist & Senior Scientist
* Manage, mentor and train the technical staff to meet the goals of the projects and THSTI-IAVI Program needs.
* To take an active lead in the maintenance and development of laboratory processes and procedures to ensure consistently high quality outputs and effective execution adhering to GLP like procedures
* To set goals/targets for the projects of the lab in consultation with principal investigators and research on the projects to produce effective solutions
* Provide interpretation of results, guidance and scientific support to the scientific team as required
* Keep complete records of experimental work and provide full and detailed reports and data used to support product license applications and patents as and when required
* To foster information sharing and report research and development progress to principal investigators highlighting, in particular risks, issues and probable solutions
* Be an important part of the strategic team led by Program Director for planning the scientific work plan and assist project development by supplying technical input for the preparation of proposals based on the results and/or publications
* To be able to effectively communicate technical activities (both verbally and in writing) to all levels within the THSTI-IAVI program and externally when required.
* To provide key technical input and implementation strategies which could influence/drive the THSTIIAVI’s short and long term objectives
* To represent the lab on a purely scientific level at national and international meetings. To write scientific papers for publication in refereed journals and to act as an acknowledged research expert in the chosen field Key Capabilities: The successful candidate should have a strong foundation in science and be an experienced vaccine scientist with a commitment to the design and advancement of HIV vaccines.
* Significant record of professional accomplishment including publications, patents and public speaking
* Believes in the potential of collaborative approaches to problem solving; able to contribute to and follow the project plan with minimal guidance from the Principal Scientist
* Experienced in mentoring
* Ability to manage short-term and long-term lab resource needs of the set objectives
* Effective scientific communicator as evidenced by publications and presentations at scientific meetings.
* An understanding of priority-setting, resource management and the bridge-building required to foster scientific cooperation
* Encourages open communication and participation with an emphasis on transparency and the sharing of information
* Able to handle challenging situations, including daunting tasks and complex interpersonal issues, with a calm, assured, unflagging approach that keeps all “eyes on the prize”
* A champion of innovation who responds to complex problems and challenges by applying new perspectives and exploring a variety of relevant possible solutions
* A team player and team-builder who is willing to work with and patiently align diverse stakeholders who maintain their individual autonomy and decision-making
For more info go to Next Page ...
PLEASE NOTIFY THAT THIS JOB IS EXPIRED.
FIND LATEST JOBS BY CLICKING LINKS BELOW.