National Institute of Plant Genome Research, New Delhi is an Autonomous Research Institution funded by Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India, to pursue research on various aspects of plant genomics. The Institute is also in the process of establishing a NIPGR Translational Centre at Biotech Science Cluster, NCR, Faridabad. NIPGR invites applications from Indian Citizens for filling up the vacant posts on Direct Recruitment basis, as detailed below. The posts are temporary but likely to continue.
Post: Staff Scientists
Specialization: Applicant should have a Ph.D. with excellent academic credentials along with the track record of scientific productivity evidenced by publications in the frontier areas of Plant Biology such as, Computational Biology, Genome Analysis and Molecular Mapping, Molecular Mechanism of Abiotic Stress Responses, Nutritional Genomics, Plant Development and Architecture, Plant Immunity, Molecular Breeding, Transgenics for crop improvement and other emerging areas based on plant genomics.
Remuneration: The length of experience and scientific accomplishments/quality of scientific productivity record will be major factors in deciding the level of appointment as Staff Scientist as well as starting salary in the pay bands of Rs.15,600-39,100 (with grade pay of Rs.5400, 6600 and 7600), and Rs.37,400-67,000 (with grade pay of Rs.8700, 8900 and 10,000) plus usual allowances admissible to the Central Government employees. Reservation of posts shall be as per Govt. of India norms.
NIPGR may select candidates against the above post(s) depending upon the qualifications and experience of the candidate and reserves the right to relax age limit, experience, other requirements and any of the qualification(s) in case the candidate is found otherwise well qualified by the Selection Committee. Other things being equal, persons having experience of work in Teaching/Research Institutions will be given preference.
For More Info Go to Next Page...
· Selection will be made on the basis of performance in interview. Merely satisfying the eligibility criterion does not entitle a candidate to be called for interview.
· Those working in Government/PSUs/Autonomous Bodies should apply through proper channel or produce 'NOC' at the time of interview.
· No TA will be paid for attending interview.
· Reservation for SC/ST/OBC/PH will be as per Government of India norms. Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PH category must submit the relevant certificate along with their application.
· Candidates should superscribe the name of the post on the top of the envelope. Candidate must indicate the level / pay band with grade pay, for which the application is submitted.
· NIPGR takes no responsibility for any delay in receipt or loss in postal transit of any application or communication.
· Appointment will be made initially on contract for a period of 5 years with an initial probation period of one year, which may be extended at the discretion of the Competent Authority. Further continuation, if any will depend on candidate's performance during the initial period of five years. The pay and allowances etc. are admissible as per the recommendation of VIth Pay Commission of the Govt. of India. Other benefits including NPS, Medical Reimbursement, LTC, Gratuity etc. as per rules of the Institute.
· Candidates may visit our website: nipgr.ac.in for information about the Institute.
How to apply: Complete bio-data in the enclosed performa including educational qualifications from Higher Secondary School Certificate Examination (10th) onwards, documents in support of age, educational qualifications, experience, whether belongs to SC/ST/OBC/PH, etc., copies of the notable papers/publications & tentative research plans (for scientist positions) and names and addresses, E-mail, fax/ telephone numbers of at least three references together with two recent passport size photographs be sent to the “Director, National Institute of Plant Genome Research, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, P. B. No. 10531, New Delhi – 110067, India” on or before September 6, 2013. Incomplete applications or applications not in the prescribed proforma will not be entertained.
See All Other Jobs in our Database