AstraZeneca is one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies, with a broad range of medicines designed to fight disease in important areas of healthcare. Backed by strong science and wide-ranging commercial skills, we are committed to sustainable development of our business and the delivery of a flow of new medicines that bring benefit for patients and add value for wider society.
Post: Research Scientist 2 or Sr. Research Scientist
This job description is applicable to all Research Scientist in iScience Bangalore India.
Job Purpose (State in one sentence the overall objective of the role)
Technical role managing aspects of projects within own specialist area having a full understanding of how own function contributes to achieving the objectives of the business. Will use own functional knowledge to deliver high standards, with an increasing freedom to act without direct supervision.
Major Accountabilities (Describe main results of the role to be achieved )
- Develop and execute novel and complex strategies for the identification and optimization of compounds in pursuit of drug discovery.
- Introduce efficient approach to solve problems.
- Conduct, compile and analyze experimental data and document results. Monitor and ensure the accuracy, precision and quality of data produced by experiments.
- Perform exploratory and supporting literature surveys.
- Fully competent in own research area. Will be able to work without direct supervision and be able to advise/train less experienced scientists.
- As a member of project teams provide scientific input into biochemical and DMPK aspects of the project
For more info on Next Page...
Ideal Background (State the preferred education and experience level)
PhD in Biochemistry, Pharmacokinetics, Enzymology and related areas Post-doctoral training in an international setting desirable
A minimum of 10 + years experience in research or equivalent experience with a significant proportion of that working in an industrial environment.
Technical / Professional Knowledge and Skills:
* Candidate should have a good understanding of drug metabolism, biochemistry, and pharmacology
* Familiarity with metabolic enzymes and transporters, and their role in impacting absorption and elimination
* Understanding of vitro and in vivo models to investigate underlying causes for poor absorption and oral exposure
* Familiarity with the design, analysis, interpretation, and reporting of pharmacokinetic results
* He/She should have experience as a DMPK expert on multidisciplinary drug discovery teams.
* Experience in the use of computational tools to develop framework for predicting absorption and developing strategies to mitigating absorption issues is highly desirable.
* Demonstrated ability to develop, and conduct routine and specialized enzymology assays
* Proven ability for curve-fitting enzyme data and model analysis/discrimination, and statistical methods
* Subject matter expertise in enzyme biochemistry, enzyme kinetics, and novel techniques as applied in enzymology studies
* Ability to mentor and train junior scientist with hands-on lab techniques and experimental approaches.
Please mention the relevant Job titles in "Subject", while sending your resume to :
LAST DATE: 2nd Aug, 2013
See All Other Jobs in our Database