Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Pune is a premier autonomous Institution established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, for promotion of high quality science education and research in the country.
Institute invites applications from Indian nationals for the following position on contract basis:
Name of the post Project Junior Research Fellow
Name of the project “Development of Naphthalenediimide & Naphthaleneimide Based D-Glucose Selective Synthetic Probes” funded by DAE-BRNS.
Project Code 30911049
Minimum prescribed educational Qualification
M.Sc. in Organic Chemistry or equivalent degree with minimum 55% marks / equivalent grade.
Preference will be given to the candidates who have cleared CSIR-JRF/NET or equivalent examinations.
Preference Preference will be given to the candidates having minimum one year research experience.
Fellowship Starting fellowship of Rs. 12,000/- or Rs. 16,000/- per month + 20% HRA based on academic record and work experience of the candidate and CSIR/UGC-JRF/NET score cards.
No of Post One
Tenure of the post Initially for one year extendable for further period of two years subject to continuation of project and satisfactory performance of the incumbent.
Age Not more than 28 years as on closing date of advertisement.
Last Date of Application January 27, 2012
Applicants should send the application by email addressed to email@example.com attaching duly filled Application_Form.doc kept under this advertisement on or before January 27, 2012. Please mention in the subject line “Application for the post of Project JRF, Project Code: 30911049”.
The list of the shortlisted candidates for interviews with details of date, time and venue will be put up on the Institute website under this advertisement and candidates will be informed by email only.
The print out of the prescribed application form sent to us by email signed and dated by the applicant along with recent passport size photograph and photocopies of relevant certificates and other testimonials in support of age, qualification, caste, experience etc. will be collected at the time of interview. Applicant has to bring all the original certificates at the time of interview for the purpose of verification, along with one set of photocopies.
General Information / details about the posts
1. Appointment is purely temporary and will terminate automatically without any notice or compensation on termination of the research project.
2. The appointed person shall have no claim of appointment / absorption in Funding Agency or in IISER Pune.
3. Appointment of the applicant will be governed by the terms and conditions of the funding agency particularly applicable to the said project
4. The qualification prescribed should have been obtained from recognized Universities / Institutions.
5. The prescribed educational qualifications are the bare minimum and mere possession of same does not entitled candidates to be called for interview. Where number of applications received in response to this advertisement is large, it will not be convenient or possible to interview all the candidates. Based on the recommendations of the Screening Committee, the Project Leader may restrict the number of candidates to be called for the interview to a reasonable limit after taking into consideration qualifications and experience over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Therefore, it will be in the interest of the candidates, to mention all the qualifications and experience in the relevant field at the time of applying.
6. No TA/DA will be admissible for appearing for the interview.
7. Selected candidates will have to join duty immediately on receipt of the offer.
8. Reservation as per Govt. of India norms will be followed.
9. No interim enquiries / correspondence / communication of any sort will be entertained on the matter.
10. Canvassing in any form and / or bringing any influence, political, or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification for the post applied for.
Advt. No. 01/2012. IISER-P/Rect/16.01.2012
See All Other Jobs in our Database