AstraZeneca contributes meaningfully to the UK beyond the provision of our medicines and the benefits they provide to the health of the nation.
We commissioned a report in 2009 to measure our significant investment to the UK economy, which includes investment in jobs and wealth creation. Oxera, an independent economic consultancy provided the analysis for this report.
The report looks at our contribution to the UK as a whole as well as at individual countries within the UK, and at regions where AstraZeneca has a significant presence, identifying the company’s local impact in terms of spending, jobs and economic prosperity.
Post: Senior Research Scientist, Epidemiology
· Excellent knowledge in epidemiological methods
· Sustained productivity in epidemiological research as manifest by successful design, execution, and publication of original epidemiological research preferably relevant to drug development in peer-reviewed journals
· Able to effectively engage and consult with recognized key scientific experts
· Good therapeutic and disease area knowledge and knowledge of drug development and life cycle management
· Proven team-working skills
· Able to respond to changes in the internal and external environments
· Excellent communication skills and cultural sensitivity
PhD or equivalent in Epidemiology or a related health science field and substantial experience as an epidemiologist in the health care environment. The position as Senior Research Scientist, Epidemiology will primarily support the oncology and infection therapeutic areas and experience of epidemiologic research within these fields is an advantage.
To apply for this role click on the careers section of our website www.astrazeneca.com and search for ref.no. DEV1439.
Closing date 27 February 2011.
Experience: 1-2 years
Location: UK wide
Industry Type: Pharma/ Biotech/Clinical Research
Functional Area: RnD
See All Other Jobs in our Database