Applications are invited for the posts of Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor, which are being recruited on Regular / Temporary basis in the School of Computational Sciences, Media Studies, Earth Sciences, Education, Physical Sciences, Life Sciences, Social Sciences, Management, Technology, Languages & Literature, Pharmacy, Mathematical Sciences & Fine Arts & Performing Arts of this University / Sub-Centre, Latur. Prescribed Application Form, Educational Qualifications, Reservation, Specializations, Pay Scales and other details are available on www.srtmun.ac.in and www.maharashtra.gov.in, the University and Govt. of Maharashtra websites respectively. The application in prescribed form in five sets should reach before 5.00 p.m. on 31-01-2011.
Post: Professors and Assistant Professors
PROFESSOR : (Post Sr. No. 10)
i. Bachelors and Masters Degree in Pharmacy with First Class or equivalent in Bachelors or Masters Degree and Ph.D. or equivalent, in appropriate discipline. Post Ph.D. publications and guiding Ph.D. students is highly desirable.
ii. A minimum of ten years teaching and/or research and/or industrial experience of which at least five years should be at the level of Associate Professor.
A minimum of 13 years experience in teaching and/or Research and/or industry.
In case of research experience, good academic record and books/research paper publications/IPR/patents record shall be required as deemed fit by the expert members in Selection Committee.
If the experience in industry is considered, the same shall be at managerial level equivalent to Associate Professor with active participation record in devising/designing, planning executing, analyzing, quality control, innovating, training, technical books/research paper publications/IPR/patents, etc. as deemed fit by the expert Members in Selection Committee.
PROFESSOR: (Post Sr. No. 10)
1. A basic degree in Pharmacy (B.Pharm.)
2. Registration as a pharmacist under the Pharmacy Act, 1948, as amended from time to time, including any succeeding enactments.
3. A Ph.D. Degree with First Class at Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in the appropriate branch of specialization in Pharmacy, and experience of ten years in teaching, research, industry and / or profession at the level of Lecturer or equivalent grade;
ii. In the event the candidate is from industry and the profession, the following shall
constitute as essential:
1. First Class Master’s Degree in the appropriate branch of specialization in Pharmacy;
2. Significant professional work which can be recognized as equivalent to a Ph.D. Degree in appropriate branch of specialization in Pharmacy and industrial / professional experience of five years at a senior level comparable to Assistant Professor / Reader, Provided that the recognition for significant professional shall be valid only if the same is recommended unanimously by a 3-Member Committee of Experts appointed by the Vice-Chancellor of the University.
1. Teaching, industrial research and / or professional experience in a reputed organization;
2. Published work, such as research papers, patents filed / obtained, books, and / or technical reports;
3. Experience of guiding the project work, dissertation of post graduate or research students or supervising R&D projects in industry;
4. Demonstrated leadership in planning and organizing academic, research, industrial and / or professional activities; and
5. Capacity to undertake / lead sponsored R&D, consultancy and related activities.
Specialization in School of Pharmacy
i) Professor: Specialization: Pharmaceutical Chemistry / Pharmaceutics / Quality Assurance / Pharmacology
ii) Associate Professor: Specialization: Pharmaceutical Chemistry / Pharmaceutics / Quality Assurance / Pharmacology
Accompaniment to Advertisement No. SRTMUN/TP/08/2010, dated 31-12-2010 for Teaching positions in the University and Sub-Centre at Latur.
Last date for receipt of application in the University office is 31-01-2011.
(1) Professor – Rs. 37400-67000 with AGP of Rs. 10000
(2) Associate Professor - Rs. 37400-67000 with AGP of Rs. 9000
1. From the above Sr. No. 1 to 14 posts, three posts are to be filled from the following persons:
Person with low vision:- means a person with impairment of visual functioning even after treatment or standard refractive correction, but who uses or is potentially capable of using vision for the planning or execution of a task with appropriate assistive device.
Hearing impairment:- means loss of sixty decibels or more in the better ear in the conversational range of frequencies. As regards above, a certificate to extend that a person suffering from not less than 40% disability as certified by a medical authority.
2. A relaxation of 5% may be provided at the graduate and master’s level for the Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / Differently-abled (Physically and visually differently-abled) categories for the purpose of eligibility and for assessing good academic record during direct recruitment to teaching positions. The eligibility marks of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible, based on only the qualifying marks without including any grace mark procedures.
3. A relaxation of 5% may be provided, from 55% to 50% of the marks to the Ph.D. Degree holders, who have obtained their Master’s Degree prior to 19th Sept., 1991.
4. Relevant grade which is regarded as equivalent of 55% wherever the grading system is followed by a recognized university shall also be considered eligible.
5. The Ph.D. Degree shall be a mandatory qualification for the appointment of Professors.
6. The Ph.D. Degree shall be a mandatory qualification for all candidates to be appointed as Associate Professor.
7. The period of time taken by candidates to acquire Ph.D. Degree shall not be considered as teaching / research experience to be claimed for appointment to the teaching positions.
8. Candidate should posses a “Certificate of D.O.E.A.C. Societies “C.C.C.” or “O” level or “A” level or “B” level or “C” level or MS-CIT or GECT Certificate of Maharashtra State Higher & Technical Education Board” OR a Certificate in Computer Operation prescribed by the Govt. of Maharashtra from time to time. Those who are not possessing the said Certificate, they will have to produce the Certificate within two years from the date of their appointment.
9. Candidates desirous to applying for more than one post, should submit separate applications.
10. Candidates belonging to reserved categories, as notified by the State Government of Maharashtra and also belonging to specific reserved category from Maharashtra State will alone be considered for reserved posts.
11. Reservation for Women will be as per the State Government norms. However, if the candidates from woman categories are not available, the candidates from men category will be considered for selection as per G.R. No. Sankirna/1096/pra.Kra 30/ka-2, dated 01-08-1997 for appointment.
12. Preference will be given to Sports person as per provision under Maharashtra State Govt. Resolution No. jkØh/kks&2002@iz-Ø-68@Øh;qls&2] fn- 30 ,fizy] 2005-
13. As regards Sr. No. 11 & 12, Women and Sports candidates from the Open, OBC, NT-2 & NT-3 category must submit Non-Crème layer Certificate for getting the benefit of Horizontal Reservation in the said category as per Government norms.
14. As per provision laid down in State Govt. Notification No. SRV.2000/CR(17/2000)/XII dated 28th March, 2005 issued by General Administration Department, Mantralaya, Mumbai, candidates must submit the prescribed declaration of the small family as one of the essential qualifications for recruitment, in the prescribed proforma with Application Form, as Declaration FORM-A.
15. A candidate furnishing incorrect or false information shall stand disqualified at any stage.
16. Interview of candidates found eligible will be preceded by exposition / colloquium.
17. No application shall be entertained if it is incomplete / received after the last date prescribed / not forwarded through proper channel.
18. The Candidate appointed in the University services after 1 Nov., 2005 would be covered under new “Defined Contribution Pension Scheme” and the existing pension scheme (i.e. Maharashtra Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1982 and Maharashtra Civil Services (Commutation of Pension) Rules 1984) and General Provident Fund Scheme (GPF) will not be applicable as per Government Resolution No. CPS-1005/126/SER-4, dated 31st Oct., 2005 and subsequent Government Resolutions issued from time to time. This rule shall not be applicable to the candidate, who is already working on pension-able post.
19. Those who are in service should apply through proper channel.
20. The call letters will be issued to the candidates as per University rules.
21. Mere possession of minimum qualifications does not confer any right to be called for interview and / or selection.
22. No queries or correspondence regarding issue of call letters for interview / selection of candidates will be entertained at any stage.
23. The Selection Committee reserves the right to select highly qualified candidates, in absentia, for Professor’s posts.
24. The University will not be responsible for any postal lapses or delay.
25. No TA/DA will be paid either for attending the interview or for joining the post.
26. The University shall not be held responsible for postponement or cancellation ofscheduled interviews for any unforeseen / unavoidable reasons.
27. Canvassing in any form, directly or indirectly, will disqualify the candidate immediately.
28. The envelope containing application forms should be superscribed by “Application for the post of ____________________ in the School of ____________________”.
29. Please enclose attested copies of all the following documents / certificates with each application form.
(a) Degree / Diploma, Statement of Marks and other certificates of the educational qualifications and experience.
(b) Caste Certificate from Competent Authority, if candidate belong to Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / Nomadic Tribe and Vimukta Jati / OBC. It is compulsory to attach the Non Creamy Layer Certificate with application form to the candidates who belongs to the VJ-A, NT-B, NT-C, NT-D and OBC categories vide Government of Maharashtra’s Circular No. CBC 10/2006/Pra.Kra.15/MAVAK 5 dated 5th June, 2006.
(c) Caste validity certificate (for reserved posts).
(d) SSC certificate or other equivalent certificate in support of age. The original certificates would be required at the time of interview only and
(e) All other relevant documents / certificates.
30. Please complete Academic Performance Indicator (API) based Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS) developed by UGC Regulations, 2010 in Appendix-III of the Application Form.
31. Prescribed Application Form along with other additional information is available on University website (www.srtmun.ac.in) & Government of Maharashtra website (www.maharashtra.gov.in). The candidate should attach a Demand draft Rs. 600/- (for Unreserved posts) and Rs. 300/- (for reserved posts) [non-refundable] of nationalized bank drawn in favour of “Registrar, Swami Ramanand Teerth Marathwada University, Nanded” payable at Nanded.
32. Candidates should send the application in the prescribed form with all attested relevant enclosures in 5 (five) sets only, to reach the Registrar, Swami Ramanand Teerth Marathwada University, Vishnupuri, Nanded-431 606 (Maharashtra) on or before 31st January, 2011 at 5.00 p.m.
See All Other Jobs in our Database