National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI), Mohali, is an autonomous R&D Institute under Government of India, Department of Biotechnology. The institutional campus is being established on 35 acres of land in Knowledge City, Sector-81, Mohali. Currently it is functioning from an interim-facility, at Plot No.C-127, Industrial Area, Phase-8, Mohali-160071. The institute is mandated to strengthen research at the interface of agricultural biotechnology, food processing and nutritional sciences. Applications are invited from individuals with enthusiasm to develop an organisation with world class environment, the best of science, and partnerships with public and private sectors.
Post: Senior Technical Officer (01 post – UR)
Assisting faculty in planning and carrying out various R&D activities.
Age Limit: 35 Years
Pay Band + Grade Pay: PB-3 (Rs 15600-39100) + GP Rs 5400/- + allowances. Total at minimum of scale (approx.) Rs. 43,072/-
Essential Qualification and Eligibility Criteria:
MVSc or M.Tech or equivalent with one year of relevant experience OR M.Sc/B. Tech/ MBA/M.Pharm or equivalent with three years of relevant experience.
1. Depending upon merit and experience, advance increments can be given at the discretion of Selection Committee to a candidate with potential in handing the complexities of technical work based on their past experience and desirable traits, and in the management of knowledge environment and networking with corporate sector and other organizations. Other allowances will apply as per Central Govt. Rules. Candidates working in Government Ministries/Departments/Organisations/PSUs/Autonomous bodies/ Universities/Research Organisations should apply through proper channel along with ACRs and Vigilance / Cadre Clearance for consideration.
2. Appointment will be on direct selection.
3. The maximum age shall be determined as on the last date of receipt of applications i.e. 04.03.2013 and is relaxable for SC/ST (5-years)/OBC (3-years)/PH/Ex-servicemen and certain other categories as per GOI instructions. Attested copy of Caste/Tribe/Class certificate issued by designated authority as prescribed by Govt. of India should be enclosed with the application. Relaxed standards shall be applicable only in respect of the reserved posts and not against the un-reserved posts.
4. Candidates will be governed by New Pension Scheme of Central Government effective from 01-01-2004.
5. Appointment will be made initially on contract in project mode for a period of 5 years with an initial probation period of one year which may be extended at the discretion of the Competent Authority. Further continuation, if any will depend on candidate’s performance during the initial period of five years. Not applicable for candidates from Govt. Organisations/Departments who have already been confirmed in their previous positions/service.
6. Candidates may choose to apply for more than one post by submitting separate applications for each position. Depending upon suitability of the candidate, a higher or lower post may be offered by the Selection Committee.
7. In case a large number of applications are received, screening will be done to limit the number of candidates to those possessing higher qualification and/or experience and, if required, a written examination may additionally be conducted for further screening.
8. Outstation candidates called for interview will be paid to and fro second class railway fare, as per Government rules on presentation of the proof.
9. Only Indian Citizens are eligible to apply for the above posts.
For more info go next page...
How to Apply:
The application should be submitted in the prescribed format available at our website (www.nabi.res.in) or can be obtained by post from “Administrative Officer, National Agri- Food Biotechnology Institute, C-127, Phase VIII, Industrial Area, SAS Nagar, Mohali, Punjab-160071 (India)” by sending self-addressed envelope with requisite postage. Application completed in all respects, in the prescribed form accompanied by attested copies of certificates, testimonials in support of age, educational qualifications, experience, etc. along with non-refundable application fee of Rs.100/- for general and OBC category candidates (NO application fee for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/PWD candidates), by means of Demand Draft (issued by State Bank of India only) valid for at least 6 months, drawn in favour of “National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute, Mohali” payable at Phase-1Br., Mohali, should be sent to the Administrative Officer, National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute, C-127, Phase-VIII, Industrial Area, SAS Nagar, Mohali, Punjab-160071 (India) super-scribing “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF “_____________” on the envelope, so as to reach on or before 04.03.2013.
Canvassing in any form or bringing influence, political or otherwise, will lead to disqualification of the candidate. NABI reserves right to relax the eligibility requirements depending upon merit of the candidate. The decision of NABI in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of application, mode of selection, and conduct of interviews shall be final and binding on the candidates. Incomplete applications or those without the prescribed fee or not in proper format will be summarily rejected.
Advt. No. NABI/01/2013/A&T
See All Other Jobs in our Database