The Indian Institute of Toxicology Research (IITR), established in 1965, a constituent laboratory of Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) engaged in the Research & Development in the areas of Environmental Toxicology, Predictive Toxicology, Health Risk Assessment, Preventive Toxicology, Inhalation Toxicology, Analytical Toxicology, and also National S&T Missions. IITR has two campuses; the main campus is located at the centre of Lucknow City and the other campus at a distance of approx. 20 km from the main campus.
This highly reputed Institute of country is likely to fill up about 40 positions of Project Fellow shortly in the area of Chemical Science, Biological Science and Bioinformatics. Eligible and interested candidates can apply through on line for the above positions in the different research areas as mentioned below. Application form and complete details including terms and conditions are given below. The vacancy positions may be increased /decreased on discretion of competent authority.
Post: Project Fellow- 40
Chemical Science: M.Sc. in Chemistry with specialization in Organic, Inorganic, Analytical, Physical Chemistry, Nano Science/ NanoTechnology.
Biological Sciences: M.Sc in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Genetics, Toxicology, Nano Sciences/Nanotechnology, Zoology, Pharmacology and Life Sciences (excluding Botany and Environmental Sciences).
Bioinformatics: M.Sc. in Bioinformatics/Computational Biology
Qualification: M.Sc. with 55% marks
Last date of online submission of application: 5:00 PM of 28.02.2013
Date of written examination: 08.03.2013
Reporting time for the examination: 9:00 AM (Candidates reporting after 10.00 AM will not be allowed to take written examination)
Duration of written examination: One hour (10.30 to 11.30 AM)
Venue: CSIR-Indian Institute of Toxicology Research, M.G. Marg, P.O. Box 80, Lucknow - 226 001
The candidates who qualify in written examination will be interviewed in the afternoon of same day i.e. 08.03.2013. However candidates selected for interview should be prepared to stay for next day in case it is not completed on 08.03.2013.
Fellow ship: Rs.16000/- per month fixed
Age: 28 years on 08.03.2013
For info go next page...
Subscribe to Pharmatutor Job Alerts by Email
Project duration: Up to March 2017
How to apply
Online application form is available on our IITR website www.iitrindia.org. which is available below on next page.
Interested candidates are requested to bring their original Certificates along with one set of attested copies of all the relevant Certificate and Two passport size photographs with themselves on the date of examination.
Terms & Conditions
1. Age relaxation will be granted up to 5 years in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST and 3 years OBC categories. The above positions are purely temporary and co-terminus with the aforementioned projects. The candidates engaged in these projects will not confer any right implicit or explicit for consideration for regularization against any CSIR/IITR post(s). Based on the performance of the candidates in the Interview, a panel of recommended candidates will be formed which may be utilized as and when the requirement arises in the similar field/area in the sponsored projects in future.
2. Tentative marks sheets/certificates and results awaited will not be considered.
3. Finally selected candidates will be on contract for one year and the same will be renewed on yearly basis depending on their performance during the last one year.
4. Candidates who strictly full fill the eligibility criteria and possess the degree/mark sheet in the aforesaid subjects only should apply for the positions. Mere fulfilling minimum qualification will not entail any right for consideration.
5. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the Interview.
6. Canvassing in any form and/or bringing in any influence political or otherwise will be treated as disqualification for the selection of the position.
7. Total Tenure as Project Fellow shall not exceed five years in any circumstances. The total tenure of five years shall be calculated as per period spent on one project or different projects together in IITR or any other lab./instt. of CSIR.
8. Candidates have the option to interact with committee in Hindi.
See All B.Sc Alerts M.Sc Alerts Lucknow Alerts
See All Other Jobs in our Database