Opportunity in WHO as Director, Sustainable Development and Healthy Environments | US$ 95,270
WHO is the United Nations’ specialized agency for Health. It is an inter-governmental organization and works in collaboration with its member states usually through the Ministries of Health. WHO’s objective is the attainment by all people of the highest possible level of health. WHO's Secretariat is staffed by health professionals, other experts and support staff working at headquarters in Geneva, six regional offices and country offices.
Post: Director, Sustainable Development and Healthy Environments
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME :
To support and collaborate with the Member States for further development and implementation of national policies and strategies which ensure equitable and universal access to quality health care in the areas of sustainable development and healthy environment, non-communicable diseases and social determinants of health. Sustainable Development and Healthy Environment emphasizes the interactions between health and development, poverty, environmental degradation including water and air pollution, sanitation and natural and human induced disasters. Non-communicable Diseases and Social Determinants of Health emphasizes on support to member state efforts to effectively implement chronic diseases and lifestyle related health programmes as well as on activities on health promotion and disease prevention to reduce health risks and advocate the role of social determinants of health.
Description of duties:
Under the overall supervision and policy guidance of the Regional Director and under the direct supervision of the Deputy Regional Director/Director, Programme Management, the incumbent is responsible:
1) Directing, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating collaborative programmes with the Member States in the Region under the domain of Sustainable Development and Healthy Environments including Non-communicable Diseases and Social Determinants of Health taking into account the WHO core functions, priorities and country health needs.
2) Harmonizing the work of WHO technical units in SEARO, WCOs, HQ, national authorities, other UN agencies, various donors, private sector and civil societies.
3) Promoting and assuring intra and inter-departmental teamwork including the WHO Collaborating Centres and National Centres of Excellence.
4) Ensure effective management of human and financial resources for programmes under his/her direct supervision.
5) Supporting DRD/DPM and RD as part of technical secretariat for the WHO Governing Bodies (WHA/EB/RC) and other important high level meetings.
6) Acting as RD, DRD/DPM or other Department Directors during their absence when so designated by the RD.
7) Performing any other duties as deemed necessary
Post graduate degree in public health or other health related areas or disciplines
GO ON NEXT PAGE TO FIND MORE INFO
PLEASE NOTIFY THAT THIS JOB IS EXPIRED.
FIND LATEST JOBS BY CLICKING LINKS BELOW.