Opening for Assistant Professor in Jamia Hamdard | work in Bioinformatics, pharmacology, Chemistry, toxicology departments
Hamdard University is setting up Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences and Research (HIMSR) in its campus of Jamia Hamdard at Hamdard Nagar, New Delhi-110062.
University invites the Applications on the prescribed form to be downloaded from the University Website, for the appointment of faculty and others positions of HIMSAR in the following specializations as per MCI guidelines.
Post: Assistant Professor
Assistant Professor (Bioinformatics)-
First class M. Tech (Bio Informatics) from a recognized university.
Ph. D. in Bioinformatics or Ph. D. in Life Sciences/Pharmacy with postgraduate degree in Bioinformatics.
The candidates should have working experience in academics/industry, and aptitude for research, particularly in drug designing/computational Biochemistry/Nutrigenomics and have presented papers at conferences and refereed journals.
Faculty of Pharmacy
Department of Pharmacology
Assistant Professor (Pharmacology)- One
First class M. Pharma followed by Ph. D. degree in Pharmacology
· Teaching, research industrial and/or professional experience in a reputed organization; and
· Papers published in refereed/indexed journals.
Faculty of science
Department of Chemistry
Associate Professor (Chemistry)- 01 (One)
i. First class Master’s degree in Organic Chemistry from a recognized institute.
ii. Ph. D. Degree in Organic Chemistry.
iii. Specialization in Organic Chemistry both at M. Sc. And Ph. D. level.
iv. A minimum of eight years of experience of teaching and/or research in an academic/research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University, College, or Accredited Research Institution/Industry excluding the period of Ph. D. research with evidence of published work and a minimum of 5 Research Publications in highly reputed journals.
v. Contribution to educational innovation, design of new curricula and courses, and technology- mediated teaching learning process with evidence of having guided doctoral candidates and research students.
vi. A minimum consolidated API score of 300 points from category III of Academic Performance Indicator (API) based Performance Based Appraisal System consistently for last two years.
Department of Toxicology
Assistant Professor (Toxicology)- One
First class Master’s degree in Toxicology from a recognized institute.
Ph. D. in Toxicology or relevant discipline like Pharmacology, Forensic Medicine and or Biochemistry.
Besides, fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET.
i.Candidates should have experience in teaching toxicology at post graduate level.
ii. The NET qualified candidates having good academic career should be evident from the published work to teach Molecular Toxicology, Carcinogenesis, Methods of Toxicology, and Regulatory Toxicology and should be well acquainted with Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) and current special issues in the field of Toxicology to teach M. Sc. Toxicology students.
1. The university reserves the right not to fill-up the vacancy if the circumstances so warrant and to call only short-listed candidates for test/ interview.
2. The university reserves the right to consider the name(s) of suitable candidates who may not have applied and also to relax the qualification and experience for deserving candidates, as approved by the Selection Committee.
3. Candidates called for interview will have to come to the place of interview at their own expenses and bring with them their original research papers, degrees and certificate etc. for verification.
4. Applications complete in all respects should reach to the Office of the Registrar, Establishment Section, Jamia Hamdard, Hamdard Nagar, New Delhi – 110 062 latest by February 28, 2011 alongwith the following:
· Duly filled in PBAS proforma for Annual Performance Indicator (API) Score only for the posts of Associate Professor (Chemistry).
· Bio-data (highlighting personal details, academic records, teaching and research experience).
· Attested copies of certificates & testimonials in support of qualification and experience.
· Demand Draft of ` 500/- for the post of Professor, ` 300/- for the post of Associate Professor, and ` 200/- for rest of the posts in favour of Registrar, Jamia Hamdard payable at New Delhi.
· Duly typed Annexure- A (for teaching positions) B (for non-teaching post) available with the application form.
5. Persons already in job must apply through proper channel.
6. Incomplete applications and those received after the closing date will not be entertained.
7. Reservation for persons with disabilities as per Government of India Rules is available. Such candidates need not enclose the application fee.
See All Other Jobs in our Database.
PLEASE NOTIFY THAT THIS JOB IS EXPIRED.
FIND LATEST JOBS BY CLICKING LINKS BELOW.