Opening for Scientist in North East Institute of Science and Technology - 2 vacancies
CSIR-North East Institute of Science and Technology, Jorhat, a constituent establishment of CSIR, an Autonomous organization under the Government of India, is an advanced multidisciplinary laboratory having research areas like Medicinal Chemistry, Natural Products Chemistry, Synthetic Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biotechnology, Medicinal, Aromatic and Economic Plants, Geosciences, Petroleum & Natural Gas, Applied Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, General Engineering, Cellulose Pulp & Paper, Material Science, Coal, Instrumentation etc. The Institute is equipped with sophisticated state-of-art analytical and other equipments, lab and pilot facilities to carry out research activities in frontier areas of science. The Director CSIR-North East Institute of Science and Technology, Jorhat invites application from Indian nationals who are young dynamic, self motivated, talented and experienced with leadership qualities for the under mentioned R&D Scientific posts in the following areas.
Post Code No: 010- NPC,
No. of Post: One,
Area: Cell Biology & Cell line & Tissue Culture,
Deptt. /Division: Natural Products Chemistry,
Essential Qualifications: PhD in Zoology/ Pharmacology/Pharmacy (Thesis submitted/awarded)
Job Requirement: To carry out in vitro bio-evaluation to determine bio-efficacy/toxicity of Organic molecules/extracts. To take active interest to develop independent projects in the area and generate high quality research output.
Desirable: 2-3 years experience in Cell biology, cell line and animal tissue culture or PhD in Zoology/Pharmacology/Pharmacy/Chemistry with 1-year experience in Cell biology, Cell line and animal tissue culture.
Post Code No: 08-BT,
No. of Post: One,
Area: Molecular Biology,
Essential Qualifications: PhD in Molecular Biology/Microbiology/Biotechnology (thesis submitted/ awarded)
Job Requirement: To perform Real time PCR; antisense technology; RNA/DNA analysis; molecular taxonomy and metagenomics.
Desirable: Incumbent must possess minimum one year R&D work experience in relevant subject, with proven knowledge/skills of basic microbiology techniques, gene manipulation and molecular cloning in bacterial systems, plasmid vector construction, isolation of genomic and plasmic DNA and nucleic acid separation with published research paper, patents.
General Benefits under Council Service:
1. Council accommodation will be provided to the incumbents as per priority list of the Institute.
2. Scientists are eligible for two additional increments (without D.A) as personal pay.
3. All scientists are eligible for professional update allowance as per existing rules of CSIR.
4. In addition to the emoluments indicated against each category, benefits such as New Pension Scheme based on defined contribution, Reimbursement of indoor medical treatment Expenses, Conveyance Advance, House Building Advance etc. and all benefits/allowances applicable in Jorhat under the 6th Central Pay Commission are admissible as per rules of CSIR.
5. A Scientist can augment his income with earnings by way of honorarium/intellectual fees from consultancy/technical services and R&D sponsored project undertaken by the Institute.
6. CSIR/NEIST, Jorhat offers excellent opportunities for career advancement. Scientist can look forward for promotions under Flexible Complementing Scheme of CSIR.
GO TO NEXT PAGE FOR INFO ON HOW TO APPLY...
PLEASE NOTIFY THAT THIS JOB IS EXPIRED.
FIND LATEST JOBS BY CLICKING LINKS BELOW.