Addex Pharmaceuticals have an opening as Laboratory Head in vitro Pharmacology | Geneva, Switzerland
Addex Pharmaceuticals is a highly regarded research-driven pharmaceutical group engaged in the discovery and development of an exciting new class of therapeutic compounds, called allosteric modulators, for diseases with unmet medical needs. Addex offers a dynamic international work environment with excellent scientific standards.
We currently have an opening in Geneva, Switzerland in our Central Nervous System Business Unit. This unit is pioneering the discovery and development of novel allosteric modulators as drug candidates for the treatment of central nervous system diseases and is seeking to complement its team with a LABORATORY HEAD IN VITRO PHARMACOLOGY
You will be responsible within the therapeutic franchise for the supervision of testing of in-house medicinal chemistry compounds at different project stages (Hit-To-Lead, Lead Optimization, Clinical candidate selection) and for the implementation of a battery of in vitro assays with high quality and short turn-around time.
You possess strong technical troubleshooting skills and are quality driven. As the key-contact person, you will provide high quality data and reports data to project groups and will propose and execute in vitro experiments for the good progression of the project.
You will develop excellent interactions within the other department from the CNS BU and foster close interaction outside, especially with the technology platforms developed in the Core Biology and Core Chemistry groups as well as our preclinical and clinical departments.
You will manage, motivate and develop a small group (2-3 people) of scientists/technicians and could be asked to develop collaboration with our external experts or to identify potential partnering groups.
You will act as a biology project leader for one or several of our programs and coordinate activities of medicinal chemists and biologists both inside and outside of the company.
In this role, you will also be expected to contribute to documentation preparation (business presentations to pharmaceutical companies, patent applications, IB, patents, due diligences) and to make business presentations to pharmaceutical companies.
• Highly motivated and independent scientist holding a PhD in Molecular Pharmacology, Cellular Biology, Electrophysiology, Enzymology or Biochemistry with proven experience in in vitro pharmacological characterization of CNS membrane targets.
• Solid background as a bench scientist with an extensive and practical knowledge of the drug discovery and development process gained in a pharmaceutical or biotech environment.
• A practical and theoretical experience in allosteric modulation pharmacology is a very strong asset.
• Previous experience in the development of native assays (primary neuronal and non-neuronal cultures, immortalized cell lines, stem cells…) allowing the characterization of drugs interacting with targets.
• Demonstrated initiative and innovative thinking both individually and within a multidisciplinary team environment.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently under tight deadlines and to adapt to a fast moving and challenging environment.
• Previous successful experience in line management and project management with excellent presentation and coordination skills and strong leadership.
• Effective verbal and written communication in English is required, French is an asset.
If you have a passion to develop novel therapeutics and if this exciting environment and challenging workplace, where your contribution can make a real difference, sounds appealing to you, please send your CV, references and a cover letter to: email@example.com or by mail to:
Addex Pharma S.A.
12 chemin des Aulx
1228 Plan-les-Ouates / Switzerland
End date: 7th Feb, 2011
See All Other Jobs in our Database
PLEASE NOTIFY THAT THIS JOB IS EXPIRED.
FIND LATEST JOBS BY CLICKING LINKS BELOW.