The CSIR-Institute of Himalayan Bioresource Technology, Palampur is one of the National Institute under the Council of Scientific & Industrial Research which is an Autonomous Body. It is located on a 250 acres of land with the backdrop of snow-covered peaks of Dhauladhar Range in salubrious climate. The Institute is engaged in research and technology development programmes for sustainable management of bioresources of the Himalayas. The Institute has successfully carried out mission-oriented projects on tea, temperate floriculture and aromatic plants and is well equipped for Tissue culture and Biotechnology. Facilities include Tea Processing Unit, FRP greenhouses and equipments like GC-MS, FT-IR, Ultrascan, Automated DNA sequencers, Phospho imager, Q-TOF, XL Laser densitometer, HPLCs, MALDI-TOF, CONFOCAL MICROSCOPY, CO2 Extractor, FPLC, HP-TLC, IRGA, NMR, Scintillation counter, computer networking etc.
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the following posts :-
Post No. 1 :Sr. Technical Officer (1) [Existing Gr.-III(4)J-Chemistry III
Pay Band-3 Rs 15600-39100 G.P. Rs 5400 (Ol-Post- UR)
Essential Qualifications and Experience: B.E./B.Tech with 55% Marks in the Organic/Analytical/Pharmaceutical Chemistry with two years research work in relevant field OR M.Sc. with minimum of 55% marks in Organic/Analytical/Pharmaceutical Chemistry after 1st Class B.Sc.(Science) with two years research work in relevant field.
Desirable : Working knowledge in Spectroscopy and handling of other sophisticated instruments(HPLC/LCMSINMR) for analysis of natural products/organic molecules.
Job Requirement : Handling of NMR and other analytical instruments. Analysis and characterization of natural and synthetic organic molecules.
Age Limit: Not exceeding 35 years.
Post No.2 :Sr. Technical Officer (l)[Existing Gr.-III(4)]-Biotechnology in Pay Band-3 Rs15600-39100 G.P. Rs 5400 (Ol-Post- UR)
Essential Qualifications and Experience : B.E./B.Tech with 55% Marks in the Biotechnology/Botany with two years research experience in Plant Tissue Culture OR M.Sc. with minimum of 55% marks in Biotechnology/Botany after 1st Class B.Sc.(Science) with two years research experience in Plant Tissue Culture.
Desirable: Must have adequate experience to handle the experiments independently.
Job Requirement: Independent management of all Tissue Culture and allied operations.
Age Limit: Not exceeding 35 years.
Post No.3 :Sr. Technical Officer (l)[Existing Gr.-III(4)]-Animal House in Pay Band-3 Rs 15600-39100 G.P. Rs5400 (Ol-Post- Reserved for OBC) Essential Qualifications and Experience: B.V.Sc.&AH with minimum of 55% marks from recognized University /Institute with registration with VCI(for animal house).
Desirable: Experience and training on working with laboratory animal species, their care and management including nutritional and feed monitoring, knowledge of CPCSEA norms, animal ethics and GLP guidelines.
Job Requirement : Management of breeding of laboratory animals, conducting routine animal techniques during housing, management, disease investigation and experiment formulation, processing and production of animal feed, health and microbiology monitoring, quality control feeding trial studies, assisting scientific staff in execution of laboratory animal management practices.
Age Limit: Not exceeding 38 years including 3 years relaxations for OBCs.
Post No.4: Technical Assistant[Existing Gr.-III(2)] in Pay Band-2 Rs9300-34800 G.P. Rs4200 (Ol-Post- Reserved for OBC)
Essential Qualifications and Experience: 1st Class B.Sc. with Chemistry as one of the subjects/B.Pharmaceutical with one year full time professional experience in chemical analysis.
Desirable: Working experience m Analytical Chemistry /handling of instruments like HPLC/HPTLC/GCMS etc.
Job Requirement: To provide assistance in the area of Medicinal Chemistry.
Age Limit : Not exceeding 31 years including 3 years relaxation for OBCs.
(Total emoluments for the Posts at Sr. No.1 to 3 is approximately Rs.41,410/- and for post No.4 is Rs.26,440/- is payable at Palampur, H.P.:for post No.3 non practice allowance(NPA)@25% of the basic pay, will be admissible).
Go to NEXT PAGE for more jobs...
1. Applicant should be Indian National.
2. The required minimum qualification should be in the area mentioned against each post and should be from recognized Universities/Institutes.
3. The essential experience wherever prescribed should be III the relevant area/field mentioned against each post.
4. The date for determining age/experience/qualifications shall be the closing date of receipt of applications which is 31st August, 2012.
5. The period of experience in a discipline of area of work wherever prescribed, shall be counted after the date of acquiring the prescribed minimum educational qualifications.
6. The prescribed application form for the above posts can be obtained from the office of Administrative Officer, CSIR-LH.B.T., Palampur-176 061 (Himachal Pradesh) by sending a requisition along with a Self-Addressed Stamped envelope (27 ems x 10 ems) bearing postal stamp of Rs. 10- by 24th August,2012 OR can be downloaded from the website:http://www .ihbt.res.in
7. The above posts shall carry usual allowance as admissible to Central Government employees, as have been made applicable to CSIR employees of the same status stationed at Palampur. Higher initial basic pay be considered for exceptionally meritorious and deserving candidates.
8. Relaxation of upper age limit for Ex-Servicemen and PH candidates will be applicable as per Govt. of India orders.
9. Relaxation of upper age limit is admissible upto 5 years to the SC and upto 3 years of the OBC candidates only in those cases where the posts are reserved for the respective categories.
10. Relaxation of upper age limit of 5 years applicable for persons who had ordinarily been domiciled in the Kashmir Division of the State of J&K during the period of 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989 subject to production of a certificate from the District Magistrate in the Kashmir Division within whose jurisdiction he/she had ordinarily resided Or from any other authority designated in this behalf by the Government of J&K state to the effect that he/she had ordinarily been domiciled in the Kashmir Division of the State of J&K during the period from 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989.
11. Candidates belonging to SC/OBC/PH should enclose a certificate in the prescribed form issued by the competent authority in support of their claim.
12. Candidates applying for more than one post should submit separate application form for each post indicating clearly the advertisement number and serial number of the post accompanied by separate application fee.
13. An application fee of 100/- (Rupees One hundred only) non-refundable is payable (Candidates belonging to SC/PH, and regular employees of CSIR are exempted from payment of application Fee) in the form of crossed Demand Draft with validity of six months, in favour of Director, CSIR-Institute of Himalayan Bioresource Technology.Palampur and payable at Palampur (Himachal Pradesh) Branch Code SBI 3632.
14. The candidates working in Government Departments, Public Sector Undertakings, Autonomous Bodies and Government funded research agencies should apply through proper channel and attach a certificate that there is no vigilance case pending against him/her. However, candidates may send an advance copy of the application alongwith requisite fee (wherever applicable) before the last date of receipt of application.
15. Relaxation in age, qualification and/or experience may be permitted in case of exceptionally meritorious/deserving candidates with the prior approval of the Competent Authority.
16. Outstation Candidates (within India) called for interview will be paid to and fro ordinary second class rail fare/ordinary bus fare for attending the interview from the place of their residence or nearest railway station/bus stand or actual place of undertaking the journey, whichever is nearest to the place of interview.
17. Candidates must indicate as to whether any of their blood/close relatives is working in CSIR-IHBT or any other National Labs.llnstts. of the CSIR.
18. Selected Candidates shall be liable to serve in C.S.I.R. Labs/Instts. anywhere in India.
19. Applications received after the due date or without attested copies of certificates or application fee or incomplete in any manner shall not be considered.
20. Mere fulfilling of essential educational qualifications and experience will not vest any right in a candidate for being called for interview. Applications will be short-listed by the duly constituted Screening Committee which will adopt its own criteria for short listing/Screening the candidates to be called for interview and decision of the Competent Authority shall be final.
21. Canvassing in any form and/or bringing any influence political or otherwise will be treated as a disqualification for the post.
The application forms duly filled in and completed in all respects along with recent Photograph affixed on the application form, application fee (if applicable), attested copies of educational certificates, marksheets, caste certificate, experience certificate etc. should reach in the office of Administrative Officer, CSIR-Institute of Himalayan Bioresource Technology, Post Box No.6, Palampur-176 061(H.P.) on or before 31st August, 2012.
See All Other Jobs in our Database