Job as Scientist-pharmacology at The Institute of Himalayan Bioresource Technology, CSIR Association
The Institute of Himalayan Bioresource Technology[himachal pradesh] is one of the National Institute under the Council of Scientific & Industrial Research which is an autonomous body. It is located on a 250 acres of land with the backdrop of snow-covered peaks of Dhluladhar Range in salubrious climate. The Institute is engaged in research and technology development programmes for sustainable management of bioresources of the Himalayas. The Institute has successfully carried out mission-oriented projects on tea, temperate floriculture and aromatic plants and is well equipped for Tissue culture and Biotechnology. Facilities include Tea Processing Unit, FRP greenhouses and equipments like GC-MS, FT-IR, Ultrascan, Automated DNA sequencers, Phospho imager, Q-TOF, XL Laser densitometer, HPLCs, IMALDI-TOF, CONFOCAL MICROSCOPY, CO2 Extractor, FPLC, HP-TLC, IRGA, NMR, Scintillation counter, computer networking etc.
Post No.6: Scientist Gr. IV (2) -Pharmacology (01 Post -DR)
Essential Qualifications and Experience: Ph.D.(Pharmacology/Life Sciences/Biotechnology) with I year experience in the area of pharmocology.
Desirable: Candidate should have experience in tools and techniques employed to undertake experiments for systematic bio evaluation and studies on molecular mechanism of actions of lead compounds used in human nutrition/food !herbal products as evident from publications.
Job Requirement: To actively participate in the bioevaluation of synthetic/natural molecules for human nutrition/food !herbal products.
Pay Grade: Scientist Gr. IV(2) Pay Band of Rs. 15600-39100 with G.P. Rs. 6600' in PB 3
Age: 35 years
1. Applicant should be Indian national.
2. The required minimum qualification should be in the area mentioned against each post and should be from recognized Universities/Institutes.
3. The essential experience wherever prescribed should be in the relevant area/field.
4. The date for determining age/experience/qualifications shall be the closing date of receipt of applications.
5. The period of experience in a discipline or area of work wherever prescribed, shall be counted after the date of acquiring the prescribed minimum educational qualifications.
6. The prescribed application form for the above posts can be obtained from the office of Administrative Officer, I.H.B.T., Palampur-176061 (Himachal Pradesh) by sending a requisition along with a Self-Addressed Stamped envelope (27 ems x 10 cmsjbearing postal stamp ofRs. 10/by 21.08.2010 OR can be downloaded from the website: http://www.ihbt.res.in
7. The above posts shall carry usual allowances as admissible to Central Government employees, as have been made applicable to CSIR employees of the same status stationed at Palampur. Higher initial basic pay may be considered for exceptionally meritorious and deserving candidates.
8. Relaxation in upper age limit upto five years only in the case of Group IV Scientists may be allowed to the employees of Council/Central/State Government Autonomous Bodies, Public Sector Undertakings in accordance with the instructions and orders issued by the Government of India from time to time in this regard.
9. Relaxation of upper age limit for Ex-Servicemen and PH candidates will be applicable as per Govt. of India orders.
10. Relaxation of upper age limit is admissible upto 5 years to the sb and upto 3 years to the OBC candidates only in those cases where the posts are reserved for the respective categories.
11. Relaxation in the upper age limit of 5 years applicable for persons who had ordinarily been domiciled in the Kashmir Division of the State of J&K during the period of 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989 subject to production of a certificate from the District Magistrate in the Kashmir Division within whose jurisdiction he/she had ordinarily resided OR from any other authority designated in this behalf by the Government of J&K state to the fffect that he/she had ordinarily been domiciled in the Kashmir Division of the State of J&K during the period from 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989.
12. Candidates belonging to SC/OBC/PH should enclose a certificate in the prescribed form issued by the competent authority in support of their claim.
13.Candidates applying for more than one post should submit separate application form for each post indicating clearly the advertisement number and serial number of the post accompanied by separate application fee.
14.An ap.plication fee of Rs. 100/-(Rupees one hundred only) non-r~fundable is payable (candidates belonging to SC / PH, and regular employees of CSIR are exempted from payment of application Fee) , in the form of crossed Demand Draft with validity of six months, in favour of Director, Institute of Himalayan Bioresource Technology and payable at Palampur (Himachal Pradesh).
15.The candidates working in Government Departments, Public Sector Undertakings, Autonomous Bodies and Government funded research agencies should apply through proper channel and attach a certificate that there is no vigilance case pending against him/her. However, candidates may send an advance copy of the application alongwith requisite fee (wherever applicable) before the last date of receipt ofapplication. '
16.Relaxation in age, qualification and/or experience may be permitted in case of exceptionally meritorious/deserving candidates with the prior approval ofthe Competent Authority.
17.Outstation candidates (within India) called for interview will be raid to and fro ordinary second class ~ail fare/ordinary bus fare for attending the interview from the place of their residence or nearest railway station/bus stand or actual place of undertaking the journey, whichever is nearest to the place of interview.
18.Candidates must indicate as to whether any oftheir blood/close relatives is working in IHBT or any other National Labs.!Instt. ofthe CSIR.
19.Selectbd candidates shall be liable to serve in C.S.I.R. labs/Instt. anrwhere in India.
20.Applications received after the due date or without attested copies of certificates or application fee or incomplete in any manner shall not be considered.
21. Mere fulfilling of essential educational qualifications and experience will not vest any right in a candidate for being called for interview. Applications will be shortpisted and decision ofthe Competent Authority shall be final.
22. Canvassing in any form and/or bringing any influence political or otherwise will be treated as a disqualification for the post.
The application forms duly filled in and completed in all respects along with recent Photograph affixed on the application form, application fee (if afplicable), attested copies of educational certificates, marksheets, caste certificate, experience certificate etc. should reach in the office of Administrative Officer, Institute of Himalayan Bioresource Technology, Post "Box No.6, Palampur-176 061 (H.P.) on or before 06.09.2010.
See All Other Jobs in our Database
PLEASE NOTIFY THAT THIS JOB IS EXPIRED.
FIND LATEST JOBS BY CLICKING LINKS BELOW.