Recruitment to fill Research Officer post in TRANSLATIONAL HEALTH SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY INSTITUTE
The Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology (Government of India) has established the Translational Health Science and Technology Institute (THSTI), an autonomous institution, as a part of the interdisciplinary Health Biotech Science Cluster, in the National Capital Region. Major Indian and overseas institutions are mentoring the development of the THSTI. The institution is designed to be a dynamic and interactive organization with a mission to conduct innovative translational research and develop research collaborations across disciplines and professions to accelerate the extension of concepts to the improvement of human health. The other members of the cluster include the Regional Centre for Biotechnology (RCB) under the aegis of UNESCO, with which THSTI will have seamless scientific collaboration to achieve interdisciplinary expertise. The cluster institutions will have access to state of the art experimental animal facility, and platform technology resources.
The permanent laboratories of THSTI will come up at Faridabad over the next three years. Interim facilities are functioning from Gurgaon close to the South Delhi area with adequate housing, transportation and schooling facilities in the neighbourhood. Campus housing may be made available when the institution moves to the Faridabad campus.
Post: Research Officer - salary Upto Rs. 44,312 - One Post
Ph. D with minimum one year post-doctoral experience in immunology, cell biology, molecular biology. Hands on experience in using state-of-art flow-cytometers for multicolor analysis and for cell sorting are highly desirable.
Job Description: Ability to work as a part of a large team of investigators, to conduct experiments and to maintain flow cytometers including sorters, and to provide core expertise and help for flow cytometry.
Age 40 years
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS:
1. All educational professional and technical qualification should be from a recognized Board/University.
2. The experience requirement specified shall be experience acquired after obtaining the minimum educational qualifications required for the post.
3. Persons working in Govt. or Public Sector undertaking should apply through proper channel or produce “No Objection Certificate? at the time of Interview.
4. The age limit, qualification, experience and other requirements for the post is relaxable at the discretion of the competent authority, in case of candidates otherwise well qualified.
5. Interested candidates may apply to the Administrative Officer (P&A), Translational Health Science and Technology Institute, 496, Udyog Vihar Phase-III, Gurgaon-122016, Haryana, on a plain paper in the attached format, along with CV and attested certificate of all qualification/experience on or before 24th April, 2012. Please super-scribe on top of the envelope “Application for the post of ____________”.
6. Incomplete applications will stand summarily rejected.
7. In case a large number of applications are received for each post, screening will be done to limit the number of candidates to those possessing higher / relevant qualification / experience.
8. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.
9. Outstation SC/ST candidates called for the interview will be paid to & fro second-class railway fare, as per Govt. of India rules on production of the proof of the same.
10. The list of short-listed candidates will be available on THSTI website on 27th April, 2012. The written Test and / or personal interview for the short-listed candidates will be held on 14th May, 2012. No separate intimation will be sent for written Test and / or personal interview.
11. The final result will be published in the website on 17th May, 2012. Those selected will be expected to join by 4thJune, 2012.
12. Number of positions filled will be as per the need and availability of the suitable candidates. The number of vacancies is likely to vary based on the requirement at the time of finalisation of selection.
13. Appointments will be made on contract initially for a period of one year.
14. The salary is a consolidated sum without any other benefits.
15. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
TRANSLATIONAL HEALTH SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY INSTITUTE
(An Autonomous Institute of the Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India)
496, Udyog Vihar Phase III, Gurgaon – 122 016
Recruitment Notice No: THS/RN/7/2012
See All Other Jobs in our Database
PLEASE NOTIFY THAT THIS JOB IS EXPIRED.
FIND LATEST JOBS BY CLICKING LINKS BELOW.