Walk in interview for post of Senior Research Fellow in Indian Agricultural Research Institute - 4 posts
The Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI) is the country's premier national Institute for agricultural research, education and extension. It has served the cause of science and society with distinction through first rate research, generation of appropriate technologies and development of human resources. In fact, the Green Revolution was born in the fields of IARI and our graduates constitute the core of the quality human resource in India's agricultural research and education.
A walk in interview will be held on 20th April 2012 at 10:00 A.M., in the Division of Microbiology, IARI, New Delhi for the position of four Senior Research Fellows (two each) under the ICAR AMAAS funded Projects (which has been extended for a period of one year - April 2012- March 2013), whose details are given below. Eligible candidates should bring their application, along with original and attested copies of 10th, 12th, Bachelor’s and Master’s degree certificates / academic records, along with proof of research experience/publications, if any.
Walk-in-Interview for the following post:
1. Post: Senior Research Fellow
No. of Post: Two
Project: Bioremediation of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbon (PAHs) through Microbial Consortia.
Emoluments (fixed) P.M.: Rs. 16,000/- + H.R.A., as per rules.
Essential Qualification: M.Sc. in Microbiology / Agricultural Chemicals / Organic Chemistry.
Desirable: Experience in microbiological assays / soil analyses, enzyme assays, handling of analytical equipments and good knowledge of computers.
2. Post: Senior Research Fellow
No. of Post: Two
Project: Mining for genes involved in the production of fungicidal compounds in Anabaena strains.
Essential Qualification: M.Sc. in Microbiology / Biotechnology / Botany, with specialization in cyanobacteria.
Desirable: Experience in genomics, microbiological assays / plant / soil analyses, handling of analytical equipment and good knowledge of bioinformatics / software and computers.
Terms and Conditions:
1. The positions are purely temporary and can be terminated on one month’s notice/Termination of the project.
2. Age maximum 35 years for S.R.F. (Age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC and women candidates, as per government rules.
3. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
4. Canvassing in any form can disqualify the candidate.
5. The eligible candidates may send their application on plain paper to the concerned Principal Investigator (by name on the Division address) in the following format
Application format: i. Name, ii. Father’s name, iii. Date of birth, iv. Present and permanent address, contact telephone no. and email ID, v. Category: SC/ST/OBC/GEN, vi. Qualification details (Institute, year and marks in class 10th, 12th, graduate and post graduate), vii. Research experience with support documents viii. CSIR/NET details, if any. ix. Publication if any, x. Signature of the candidate.
6. Walk-in-interview will be held on, 20th April 2012 at 10.00 a.m. in Room no. 1 of Division of Microbiology, IARI, New Delhi-110012.
See All Other Jobs in our Database
PLEASE NOTIFY THAT THIS JOB IS EXPIRED.
FIND LATEST JOBS BY CLICKING LINKS BELOW.