The IBSD has recently established its Regional Centre in Gangtok, Sikkim with an aim of sustainable development and utilization of bioresources of the Eastern Himalayas including generation of appropriate technology packages leading to development of bio-enterprises in the region. The institute invites applications for the following contractual positions in its Regional Centre in Gangtok, Sikkim:
Post No.1: One Scientist – (Plant Bioresources)
Salary Structure: Rs. 48,000/- p.m. (Consolidated)
Essential Qualification: 1st class M.Sc. with seventeen years experience or 1st class M.Tech. / MD / MVsc / M.Pharm / M.Biotech with sixteen years Research and Development experience or Ph.D. or corresponding degrees in relevant disciplines with original work as evidenced by patents or publications. Evidence of leadership with sixteen years or R&D experience.
Desirable Qualification: Research experience in biotechnological approaches for conservation, improvement and utilization of medicinal and aromatic plants / floriculture / horticultural resources of NE Region.
Job Requirement: Collection, conservation, multiplication and improvement of medicinal and aromatic plants / horticultural resources of the NE Region and their bio-prospecting for useful products. Generation of technological packages and development of entrepreneurship in bioresource-related business relevant for the region.
1. Applicants should be Indian nationals
2. The maximum age limits for the following positions will be as follows: IBSD Regional Centre at Gangtok, Sikkim:
Post 1 : 50 years
Relaxation of age in respect of special categories/sports persons under Govt. of India notifications/guidelines will be applicable.
3. Persons with physical disabilities will have age relaxation upto 5 years.
4. Reservation for SC/ST/OBC/PH, if applicable, will be in accordance with the orders issued by the Govt. of India from time to time.
5. The above posts in IBSD Headquarters at Imphal carry usual allowances as admissible to Central Government employees. Higher initial pay may be considered for exceptionally meritorious and deserving candidates.
6. The positions in Regional Centre at Gangtok, Sikkim are purely on contractual basis and emoluments are fixed. The positions will not be entitled to any allowances over and above their fixed emoluments.
7. The tenure of the above Regional Centre at Gangtok, Sikkim contractual positions at present will be up to March, 2014. The tenure may be shortened or extended as per requirement.
8. The candidates appointed against these contractual positions in Regional Centre at Gangtok, Sikkim will not have any claim for regular appointment at IBSD Regional Centre, Gangtok, Sikkim or IBSD, Imphal or DBT, New Delhi.
9. The date for determining the direct recruitment age limit/experience/qualifications shall be the closing date prescribed for receipt of applications.
10. The period of experience in the requisite discipline/area of work wherever prescribed shall be counted with effect from the date of acquiring the prescribed minimum educational qualification for that group/grade.
11. Applications from the candidates working in Government departments, public sector organizations, autonomous institutions and government funded research agencies will be considered only if forwarded through proper channel and with a clear certificate that there is no vigilance case pending/being contemplated against him/her and that the applicant will be relieved within one month of receipt of the appointment order. However, applicants may send an advance copy of the application along with requisite fee (wherever applicable) before the last date of receipt of completed application.
12. Only outstation candidates called for interview will be paid to-and-fro single second class rail fare/ordinary bus fare from the normal place of their residence or from the actual place of undertaking the journey, whichever is nearer to the place of interview.
13. No hostel/housing facility is available with the institute either at Headquarters or Regional Centre at present.
14. The posts in Headquarters can also be filled in the lower grade at the discretion of the Selection Committee in case suitable candidates with requisite qualification and experience are not forthcoming.
15. The Institute will have the right to cancel/modify any of the above posts or the Recruitment Rules thereof at any time before the process of filling up the posts is completed.
16. The Institute reserves the right to appoint any person for any post, if found suitable, even if he/she has not applied for the post.
17. Candidates having experience of working in North East India may get preference during selection process.
Short listed candidates called for interview will require to develop a research programme in 2/3 pages on the subject of his specialization which should be consistent with the objectives of IBSD. Objectives of the Institutes are available in the Institute's website www.ibsd-imphal.nic.in or www.ibsd.gov.in)
Completed applications strictly in the "FORMAT OF APPLICATION" and a recent passport size photograph fixed at space shown in the format along with attested copies of all mark sheets, caste certificate, experience certificates, etc. together with a non-refundable fee of Rupees fifty only (PH/SC/ST candidates are exempted from the payment of application fee) payable in form of cross Demand Draft/IPO in favour of Director, IBSD, Imphal should reach the Director, Institute of Bioresources and Sustainable Development, Takyelpat Institutional Area, Imphal- 795001, Manipur on or before 10th June (Friday), 2011.
Applications received after the due date or without the required copies of certificates and application fee or incomplete in any manner will not be entertained.
Canvassing in any form and/or bringing in any influence political or otherwise will be treated as a disqualification for the post
Merely fulfilling of the minimum prescribed qualifications and experience will not vest any right on a candidate for being called for interviews. Since it may not be possible to call all the candidates for interviews, the applications will be short listed for the purpose and the decision of the Institute will be final. The Institute will not entertain any correspondence in this respect and interim enquiry will not be attended to.
The candidates who have already applied to IBSD in response to the earlier advertisements need to apply again.
The candidates must send a soft copy of the duly filled in application (without testimonials) to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
The candidate must clearly write on the top of the envelope, Advt. no, Post applied, and the place (IBSD Headquarters or RCIBSD) of post.
See All Other Jobs in our Database