CCMB invites for Ph.D Program 2017
The Centre for Cellular & Molecular Biology (CCMB) is a premier research organization in frontier areas of modern biology. The objectives of the Centre are to conduct high quality basic research and training in frontier areas of modern biology, and promote centralized national facilities for new and modern techniques in the inter-disciplinary areas of biology. CCMB was set up initially as a semi-autonomous Centre on April 1, 1977 with the Biochemistry Division of the then Regional Research Laboratory (presently, Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, IICT) Hyderabad forming its nucleus and Dr P M Bhargava heading the new Centre. Earlier, the Governing Board of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) New Delhi, the apex body which constituted 44 research institutions in the country, approved the proposal in 1976 to establish such a Centre in view of the importance of research in the frontier and multi-disciplinary areas of modern biology. During 1981-82, the CCMB was accorded the status of a full-fledged national laboratory with its own Executive Committee and Scientific Advisory Council. With major expansion plans, it was decided to relocate the Centre to a spacious campus.
Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad, invites applications from candidates who are Indian citizens, to pursue research in modern biology leading to a Ph.D. Degree. The projects offered for Ph.D. would be in the broad areas of Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Genomics, Developmental Biology, Plant Molecular Biology, Conservation Biology, Ecology, Protein Structure and Function, Biology of Macromolecules, Biology of Infection, Epigenetics, Chromatin Biology and Bioinformatics.
- Candidates with a Master’s degree in any branch of science and a valid National level fellowship (JRF/SRF of CSIR, UGC, DBT, ICMR, etc.), DST-INSPIRE or any other equivalent fellowship for pursuing Ph.D.
- Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Pharmacy or Medicine and a valid fellowship for pursuing a Ph.D. degree are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates with a BE/B.Tech degree in Biotechnology or in any engineering discipline must have a GATE score of at least 85.0 percentile.
- B.Pharm degree candidates must have a GPAT score of at least 85.0 percentile.
- A valid fellowship is an ABSOLUTE requirement for pursuing Ph.D. at CCMB.
- Candidates with lecturer-ship only in CSIR-UGC (NET) examination need not apply.
- M.Sc/M.Tech/M.Pharm candidates qualified in GATE/GPAT are not eligible to apply.
- Upper age limit is 28 years as on 17-04-2017, which is relaxable by 5 years as per the Govt. of India rule for SC/ST/OBC/Women/Physically Handicapped candidates.
Applications: Candidates who satisfy the above criteria may submit their applications online by 17-04-2017
Written Test and Interview: Online applications will be screened and the eligible candidates will be called for written test on 19.1.2017 at CCMB, Hyderabad. Candidates qualified in the written test will have to appear for interview on 20.1.2017 (preliminary) and 21.1.2017 (final). Travelling Allowance is not payable by CCMB and candidates have to make their own arrangements for stay, etc. at Hyderabad.
Walk-in Written Test
Online applications will be screened and the eligible candidates will be called for a computer based written test at one of their preferred centers among the 19 test centers across the country on 04-05-2017.
Candidates qualifying in the written test will be called to appear for interview at the Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad on 29-05-2017 (preliminary) and 30-05-2017 (final).
There is no walk-in for the written test.
Candidates will have to make their own arrangements for travel, stay, etc. at the examination centre and/or in Hyderabad for interviews. Travelling allowance is not payable by CCMB.
Mere fulfillment of the minimum requirements stipulated in the notification would not automatically entitle a person for selection. The decision of CCMB in this regard shall be final. Canvassing in any form and/or bringing in any influence, political or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification.
For inquiries, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
NOTIFICATION NO. 1/2017
See All Other Jobs in our Database