Dibrugarh University Research Admission Test (DURAT) 2011
Dibrugarh University, the easternmost University of India was set up in 1965 under the provisions of the Dibrugarh University Act, 1965 enacted by the Assam Legislative Assembly. It is a teaching-cum-affiliating University with limited residential facilities. The University is situated at Rajabheta at a distance of about five kilometres to the south of the premier town of Dibrugarh in the eastern part of Assam as well as India.
1. DURAT, 2011 shall be conducted to select eligible candidates for admission to the M.Phil and Ph.D programmes of Dibrugarh University in the session 2011-2012.
2. Master Degree holders of recognised Universities securing 50% marks or equivalent grade point shall be eligible to appear in the DURAT, 2011 in the following subjects:
Ph.D: Economics, History, Sociology, Commerce, Management, Statistics, Mathematics, Anthropology, Applied Geology, Chemistry, Life-Sciences, Physics, Petroleum Technology, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biotechnology.
M.Phil: Assamese, Chemistry, Commerce, Economics, History, Political Science, Sociology, Mathematics, Physics, and Statistics.
3. The DURAT shall consist of two papers as below:
a. Paper I (General Aptitude Test): The objective of this paper is to test candidate’s basic knowledge in the relevant fields. The current UGC-NET and CSIR-NET Syllabuses shall be followed for the Paper I of the DURAT for Arts & Humanities and Science & Technology respectively. This paper shall carry 30 marks and the duration of examination shall be of 30 (thirty) minutes. The questions of this paper shall be of objective type multiple choice in nature and shall carry 1 (one) mark each.
b. Paper II (Knowledge on the subject): This paper shall carry 70 marks and the duration of examination shall be of two and half (21/2) hours. Questions of this paper shall be on the subject of postgraduate degree concerned. Each question of this paper shall be descriptive in nature and each question shall carry maximum 10 marks.
4. The minimum marks for clearing the DURAT to be eligible for Ph.D. Programme shall be 30% in each paper and 45% in aggregate.
5. The minimum marks for clearing the DURAT to be eligible for M.Phil. Programme shall be 30% in each paper.
6. Validity of the DURAT score shall be for a period of three (3) years.
(i) Important dates for DURAT, 2011:
(a) Date of issue and submission of application forms : 29.09.2011
(b) Last date of issue and submission of application forms : 21.10.2011
(c) Date of examination : 13.11.2011
(d) Declaration of result : 30.11.2011
(ii) Examination Timings:
Paper I (General Aptitude Test) : 11.00 A.M. to 11.30 P.M.
Paper II (Knowledge on the subject) : 11.40 A.M. to 2.10 P.M.
(iii) Examination Fee : Rs.400/-for the applicants of all categories
(iv) Examination Centre: There shall be one examination centre in the Dibrugarh University campus.
The Deputy Registrar (Academic),
Phone No: 0373-2370336
See All Other Jobs in our Database